print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to declare a major or minor in the Department of Special Education:

1. Contact the Department of Special Education Academic Department Associate to make an appointment with the Department Chair. To assist in this discussion, please bring a "What-If" Degree Audit.

2. Following the meeting with the chair, the ADA will add your new major or minor in CampS and assign an advisor for you.

If you want to change your major after you are admitted to your program:

1. Complete and submit the "Change of Major" form ( available on the department website) to the ADA.

2. Requests are reviewed twice a year, March 1 or October 1.

3. You will receive a letter from the department’s Admissions Committee whether the request to change your major was approved.

4. If the request was approved, the change will be made in CampS.

You may contact the Academic Department Associate as follows:

Linda Brunner, ADA
Centennial Hall 3715