print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to Change to a Major in the Mathematics Department:

1. Come to the Math Department office (HHH 508) or call (715-836-3301) and ask a program assistant to make an appointment for you to meet with the Department Chair. The program assistant will give you the time and place for this meeting, and will also notify Department Chair that you will be coming for the appointment.

Please note: An appointment time may be up to a week after the time of your request. You will need to PLAN AHEAD.

2. When you meet with the Department Chair, bring a "What-If" Degree Audit that includes the new math major. Also, bring any questions you may have about this major.

3. If you are ready to change to a math major during this meeting, then a faculty member in the Mathematics Department will be assigned to be your academic advisor. The Department Chair will update your records to reflect your new major and academic advisor.

How to Change to a Minor in the Mathematics Department:

1. Come to the Math Department office (HHH 508). The Program Assistant will alert you to information concerning the minors in Mathematics liberal arts and Mathematics teaching, and will enter your new minor online.

2. If you have questions about the minor or your particular course plan, the program assistant will indicate the appropriate advisor for you to contact. It is suggested that you then make an appointment to meet with that advisor.