print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to change your minor to Library Science:

1. Obtain a "What-If" Degree Audit.

2. Based on the following descriptions, determine the Library Science minor (teaching or liberal arts) that is compatible with your major.

Minor: Library Science Teaching

The library science teaching minor will prepare program graduates to serve as the library media specialist in an elementary or secondary school and leads to the initial Wisconsin licensure (902) as Initial Instructional Library Media Specialist. The teaching minor accompanies majors in Middle Childhood through Early Adolescence; and Special Education; and programs in Early Adolescence through Adolescence and Early Childhood through Adolescence. Acceptance into one of the above programs is required to complete the minor and be eligible for licensure. Please check criteria and procedures for acceptance into those programs before changing your minor.

Minor: Library Science Liberal Arts

The liberal arts minor in library science will prepare program graduates to work in public and academic library settings as well as in special libraries in the public and private sectors.

3. Contact the Foundations of Education Department in Brewer 271, or phone 715.836.2635 if you wish to meet with an advisor.

4. After you have decided that the library science minor is a viable option for you, contact the Program Assistant in Brewer 271 who will enter your new minor online.

For additional information, contact:

Jane Lee (836-2636) or Barbara Erdman (836-5155)