print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to become a Journalism, Communication or Integrated Strategic Communication Major or Minor:

1. Sign up for an appointment using the sign up sheets outside Janet Dreiver's office, HHH162 (

NOTE: An appointment time may be up to a week after the time of request. PLAN AHEAD.

2. Bring the following to the meeting:

  • a "What-If" Degree Audit including the new major or minor
  • a completed semester-by-semester CJ Student Degree Plan Form showing all classes that you plan to take to meet your degree requirements. You may get the required form at: or in the department office.
  • any questions you have about this major or minor

NOTE: While you might think that you cannot complete your Plan Form without help, please do the best you can. Read your degree audit and catalogue information carefully. There also are "advising sheets" in the department office or at to assist you in completion of your Plan form.

Ms. Driever will review your completed Plan and offer assistance. She will not be able to meet with you if you do not bring the What-If Degree Audit and a completed Plan form. A new appointment time will have to be scheduled.

3. After your meeting, the program assistant will add your new major or minor online. Later, new majors will be assigned an adviser in Communication and Journalism.

4. Be sure to enter your degree plan information into your MyBlugold CampS Planner. You can find your Student Planner in the Student Center in the Academics section.

You may contact the program assistants in the department as follows:

Judy Gatlin, Program Assistant
Ellen Hon, Program Assistant

Hibbard Humanities Hall 152