print header

Withdraw from All Summer Session Classes

Summer Drop and Withdrawal Information

After the term begins, students CANNOT drop/withdraw from ALL of their classes on CampS .

Due to the length of short-term courses, all academic and refund deadlines are prorated. Refunds resulting from a withdrawal are calculated based on the class length. Your date of withdrawal can have an impact on tuition/fee charges, possible financial aid repayments owed to the institution, and whether a "W" grade will be assigned to your academic record.

The class length calculation is based on the start and end date of the class dates listed on the Class Schedule. The Term Session Information and Dates is available in CampS . This includes the last day to add and withdraw based on the course length.

The Refund Schedule / Financial Aid Repayment Notice website also has refund information specific to the length of the course.

The withdrawal deadlines and the refund schedule DO NOT ALWAYS MATCH.

A decision to withdraw should be given careful consideration. Withdrawal can have a major impact in terms of veteran's benefits, financial aid, and other situations which have specific consequences from withdrawal. If you are considering withdrawing, you may want to consult with an adviser and Blugold Central (Old Library 1108, 715-836-3000) prior to completing the process so that you may discuss the best possible outcomes for your individual circumstances.

Drop/Withdrawal Process for Summer

Prior to the Start of the Term through May 20, 2018

Students who are withdrawing from the Summer Session prior to the start of the term may do so using CampS .

1. Drop each of your classes: Use CampS to drop each class (Self Service > Student Center). If you are able to successfully drop all of your classes on CampS , no other action is required to withdraw from the term.

2. Review your Schedule in CampS to verify that all courses have been dropped.  Note: You will still be eligible to enroll for future terms.

After the Start of the Term on May 21, 2018

Students who wish to drop/withdraw from the ALL Summer Session courses after the start of the term can complete the eform.

1. Complete a summer drop/w ithdrawal eform :
Prior to submitting the eform, ensure you read and understand the Statement of Responsibility and Financial Aid Recipients sections of the eform.

2. Notification: After your withdrawal eform has been received and processed you will receive an email notification to your UWEC email account indicating your request has been processed.

3. Account Review: Blugold Central Bursar's Unit will review your account information and determine the account balance. Please note that if you are a financial aid student you may owe a repayment.

Withdrawal FAQ

What is the "W" grade?

A "W" means a "Withdrawal" from a class, thus earning zero units for the class. It indicates that you were enrolled in the class through the first ten days of the term (prorated for a short-term course).  A "W" does not affect your grade point average in any way. It simply means you withdrew from the course.

However, please be aware that a course in which you receive a "W" counts as an attempt for the repeat policy and financial aid purposes.

Note: If a student withdraws from or fails to complete a course taken as a "repeat", the original grade earned will remain in the overall grade point average calculation.

How will the withdrawal appear on my academic transcript?

If you withdraw prior to "W grade deadline", the withdrawal date will be noted on your transcript but no course information will be listed for that specific term.  If you withdraw after the deadline, a "W" grade will be recorded as the course grade and the withdrawal date will be noted on your transcript.

How do I request my transcript if I am transferring to another university?

You can request an official transcript in CampS (Self-Service > StudentCenter > My Academics > Request Official Transcript).

If you have any questions, please contact Blugold Central, Old Library 1108, 715-836-3000 for further assistance.

Do I need to pay tuition/fees if I drop/withdraw? Or if I've already paid, will I get a refund?

If you decide to withdraw from the University, your eligibility for a refund of tuition depends on when you withdraw during the term. If you withdraw before the term begins, you will be eligible for a full refund. On the other hand, if you wait until classes are already in session, you may not be eligible for any refund. Refund information is available here: Refund Schedule/ Financial Aid Repayment Notice . If you still have questions after reviewing this information, please contact Blugold Central, Old Library 1108, 715-836-3000 .

How will withdrawing affect my financial aid?

For Summer Term : If you received financial aid, all or some of the aid that was credited to your account or given to you as a refund, may be required to be repaid - depending on when you drop/withdraw. Your withdrawal date determines the amount of aid you have "earned" and can keep. The "unearned" amount of aid will have to be repaid.

If you receive financial aid, contact the Blugold Central Bursar's Unit at or 715-836-3809 for an estimate of your financial obligations to the University as a result of a withdrawal from the University. If you have questions or concerns about the implications a withdrawal may have on Satisfactory Academic Progress, please contact Blugold Central.

What if I had extenuating circumstances and would like to request a refund?

Requests for a refund of all or a portion of tuition charges due to extremely extenuating and unexpected circumstances may be submitted in writing to the Tuition Refund Appeals Committee through the Dean of Students Office. See the Tuition Refund website for more information.