The Club Sports Program is organized and administered by University Recreation. It is designed to provide UW-Eau Claire students opportunities to participate in activities in which they may be interested. The focus of the Club Sports Program blends the aspect of learning new skills, practicing with fellow participants, and competing with other clubs. A Club Sport is a recognized University student organization that has been formed by individuals motivated by a common interest and desire to participate in a favorite activity. The Club exists to promote and develop interest in that activity. Its members learn new skills, refine existing skills, engage in competition, and enjoy the recreational and social fellowship of each activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get info on a specific club sport?
See the Contacts section below to email any club sport for more info or stop by the University Recreation Office and ask for Jon Bollinger, the Club Sports Coordinator. A Club Sports brochure is available which provides details on each respective club. You may also add your name and telephone number to the "contact sheet" on the Club Sports bulletin board in the Hilltop Center and someone from the club will contact you.
- Can anyone become a member of a club sport?
All officially enrolled UW-Eau Claire students are eligible to join and maintain membership in any club sport. Graduate student participation in leagues or national tournaments will be determined by league or conference guidelines for each respective club. University faculty/staff may participate in club activities as non-voting and non-office holding associate members.
- Is there a fee for participation?
Some clubs require payment of dues but some do not. Each club determines their own dues.
- How do I go about creating a club sport?
- You will need to go through the Student Senate process of being recognized as a UW-Eau Claire organization and provide a copy of your "official recognition" letter to the Clubs Sport Coordinator.
- Provide a list of your club members, officers, club advisor, and coach (if applicable) to the Club Sports Coordinator.
- Provide a copy of your club's constitution to the Club Sports Coordinator.
- Complete an application to become a club sport and return it to the Club Sports Coordinator.
- Create a campus checking account through the UW-Eau Claire Business Office. You must appear before the Club Sports Advisory Council to apply for membership. Based on your presentation, they will make a recommendation on your club's acceptance to the Club Sport program.
- When does the Club Sports Advisory Council Meet?
They meet at 4:00 pm in the Hilltop Lounge on the first Wednesday of each month during the academic year.
Sport Club Handbook (DOC)
A-1: Application and Sponsorship Guidelines (DOC)
A-2: Sport Club Application (DOC)
A-3: Sample Constitution Guide for Sport Clubs (DOC)
A-4: Policy and Guidelines Certification (DOC)
A-5: Agreement and Release Form (DOC)
A-6: Officer Roster (DOC)
A-7: Organization Officer Roster (PDF)
A-8: Transportation Form (DOC)
A-9: Parents/Guardians Consent and Release Form (DOC)
A-10: Anti-Hazing Policy (DOC)
A-11: Inventory Form (XLS)
B-1: Mid-Semester Report (DOC)
B-2: Annual Report (DOC)
B-3: Community Service Completion Form (DOC)
B-4: Incoming Officer Worksheet (DOC)
B-5: Outgoing Officer Worksheet (DOC)
C-1: Facility Use Request (DOC)
C-2: Reservations and Scheduling Information (DOC)
C-3: Field Supervisor's Phone Numbers (DOC)
C-4: Field Supervisor Position Description (DOC)
C-5: Field Supervisor's Daily Report (DOC)
C-6: Accident/Injury Report (DOC)
C-7: Bollinger Field Map (PDF)
C-8: Carson Park Football Stadium Policies and Procedures (DOC)
D-1: Travel Itinerary/Reimbursement Form (DOC)
E-1: Budget Information Sheet (DOC)
E-2: Budget Request & Major Event Revenues and Expenses (XLS)
E-3: Major Event Form (XLS)
F-1: Prospective/Participant Interest Form (DOC)
F-2: Donation Receipt for Community Donors (DOC)
F-4: Petition Form-Credibility Issues (DOC)
F-5: Audio/Video Editing Station (DOC)
Sport Club Coordinator / Contact InformationJon Bollinger