To ensure the safety of pedestrians and riders the UW System and UWEC have developed rules and regulations for the proper parking of bicycles. The increased popularity of these forms of transportation has created this need. For your benefit please read the following rules and regulations for bicycles.
Rules and Regulations:
- Bicycles may only park in designated areas located around campus. To prevent theft, please lock your bicycle.
- Permits are not required.
- Parking in non-designated areas (railings, sign posts, buildings, trees, etc.) will result in a $5 ticket and a Parking Office lock on the bicycle.
- Bicycles left locked for seven days will be impounded.
- Locks will only be released by Parking personnel (Blugold Central, Old Library 1108) during regular office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
- Temporary bike racks are removed each fall. Notices will be posted prior to the removal of the racks. If your bike was attached to a rack and was removed along with the bike rack, please contact Facilities 715-836-3411.
For additional information please refer to: