UW-Eau Claire uses email for almost all important communication:
- Billing Statements
- Registration materials for next semester, including a degree audit
- Important reminders from Registration and other offices
- Most faculty and advisers communicate via email. Access email regularly or you may miss assignments or important class notices.
Accessing your email account
If you are an admitted student, you already have an email account when you register for classes. However, before you use it you will have to change your password.
- If your first time accessing the UW-Eau Claire network is on campus, you will be prompted to change your email.
- If the first time is from an off-campus computer, you must first go to http:users.uwec.edu and click on Change Your UWEC Windows Domain Account Password.
- Your email address is email@example.com. You will be given your username in an email from LTS.
MyBlugold CampS is a secure site that includes a wide variety of information, including information that is only available to faculty, staff and students at UW-Eau Claire. All students should become familiar with this site as it contains your student records and registration information.
To access MyBlugold: Select "MyBlugold CampS" from the top of the W-Eau Claire homepage (www.uwec.edu).
You can access your grades, request a degree audit or "what-if degree audit," look up you library password, access "D2L," an on-line course management system used in many courses, and much more.
Help With Computers
UWEC offers FREE Workshops and 1-on-1 training (OL 1106 or call 715-836-5157) that teach students the basics of using word processing programs and email, as well as a variety of other software programs. More information can be found at the LTS website: www.uwec.edu/LTS/services/training.htm.
You will not have to purchase a computer to attend UW-Eau Claire, unless you are in the College of Business. The university has several PC and Macintosh computer labs on campus for student use. Hours for the labs are posted outside each lab. Several are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
NOTE: Printers are available in each of the computer labs but you must provide your own printer paper.
For information on student discounts for computer purchases see the Learning and Technology Services page on ordering computers and printers. Students are able to purchase software packages at substantial discounts. See www.wisc.edu/wisc.
Students can sign out a laptop computer from the McIntyre Library Circulation Desk. To reserve a laptop go to the Library Student Equipment Checkout page or stop by the Circulation Desk in the library. Allow 15 minutes for checkout. Bring your Blugold ID card. Free laptop checkout is available up to 7 days (non-renewable).