Learning Technology Consultation
Our training staff can assist faculty to identify technology tools to enhance teaching and learning and implement them effectively whether teaching face-to-face, hybrid, or completely online.
Our Learning Technology Consultants can meet with faculty individually to discuss technology needs and recommend or research products that are pedagogically relevant. They work closely with CETL and can refer faculty to other LTS staff as necessary. Part of their job is to research new technologies and review them, so if they don't know about a technology for teaching and learning, they can learn!
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialties: D2L, social media, screen capture, PowerPoint to Flash conversion, researching new technologies for teaching, accessibility for students with disabilities.
Follow April's blog at http://aprilpierson.blogspot.com/.
Recent blog posts:
- Office Mix: A Good Solution for Audio in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows
- Tips for Offering Virtual Participation for a Conference
- A Study on Recording Videos of Diagrams
- Exporting a PowerPoint with Audio as a Video on a Mac Using the Virtual Lab
- Weekly Due Dates are Good for Procrastinating Online Learners
- Uploading a Published Video Output Folder to D2L
- 404: Professor Not Found - Planning Ahead for When You Will Miss Class
- Why and When to Create Instructional Videos
- Providing Feedback in an Online Course
- Screencast-o-matic Version 2.0 Webcam Recording
- Uploading a Transcript File to Create Accurate Captions on YouTube
- Tips for Being a Successful Online Learner
- Video Streaming Options: A Comparison of Kaltura, V-Brick, and YouTube
- Recording Audio into PPT on a Mac...
- How to Set a Transparent Background on an Image in PowerPoint 2013
- Introducing Students to Turnitin's Originality Check as a Learning Tool
- Accessibility/Universal Design at UWEC
- Embedding Twitter into a D2L Widget
- Learning Analytics Summer Institute (LASI)
- Creating an Accessible PDF
- Online Grading via D2L (mostly)
- Embedding a Blog into the D2L News Area: Optimal Blog Settings
- How to Record Audio in PowerPoint 2013 and Publish Using iSpring Free
- Why Universal Design?
- Universal Design for Online Learning