It is now possible to connect to the virtual lab through your web browser. Follow along with this process by watching Lab Anywhere: Web Access.
Note: When accessing the virtual lab from your web browser, you will not be able to listen to audio. If audio is necessary, you will need to install the local client on your machine, as described in the Lab Anywhere for a Windows PC and Virtual Lab on Mac OS X documentation.
- Open a web browser, and navigate to https://labanywhere.uwec.edu. You will see the following screen:
- To run the virtual lab through your web browser, click VMware Horizon View HTML Access option on the right.
Note: The Install VMware Horizon View Client option on the left requires you to install the client on your computer before running the virtual lab. For instructions on this process, go to Lab Anywhere for a Windows PC or Lab Anywhere for Mac OS X.
- At this point, you may receive a message alerting you to the fact that the version of the browser you are using is not compatible with this service. The supported browsers will be listed for you, and you may need to upgrade your browser. If you don't wish to do this, select Click here to download the native client, and follow the directions to do this for Windows or Mac.
- Enter your UWEC username and password, and click Log In.
- Select the desired virtual machine. Students usually choose the General Access Lab Machine (which may be the only option available to you).
- Once you are connected, you will automatically be logged in. Note that this will take several minutes. You now have a Windows 7 instance that acts exactly like you were in one of the campus computer labs.
Warning: Anything saved to the desktop or local computer is lost when you exit. Always save to your network drive. This should be automatically mapped in the virtual machine.
Note: You will not be able to listen to audio through this web access option.
- To disconnect from the virtual lab at any time and see your other options, click the arrow found at the top center of your screen to display the menu: