During the summer of 2013, MyBlugold was upgraded to Blugold Insider, which is hosted by Microsoft SharePoint 2013. Blugold Insider can be accessed at https://insider.uwec.edu.
What is Blugold Insider?
Blugold Insider is a collection of Intranet sites accessible to members of the UW-Eau Claire community. Various departments, in cooperation with Learning and Technology Services, have set up their own sites. These sites offer:
- An easily accessible way to share documents (Word, Excel, PDF, etc...) with your team, department, or the entire campus
- Tracking version history and comments on shared documents
- Custom permissions, allowing only certain people to see your site
- Tracking and assigning of tasks for your team
- Automated workflows to streamline business processes
- And much, much more!
All in all, Blugold Insider provides a digital workplace that integrates tightly with Microsoft Office software for you and your team.
Great! When can I get started?
New sites will be evaluated in terms of their complexity, hard deadline dates, and the order in which they were requested. If you feel you have a need for a potential Blugold Insider site, please contact the LTS Help Desk at 836-5711. An analyst will work with you to complete an initial "discovery" document to specify what you are trying to accomplish and determine whether Blugold Insider or some other tool will be the best answer to your needs.