LTS Help Desk
The LTS Help Desk is the front line of support regarding learning and technology services. They coordinate the referral of faculty, student and staff questions to the appropriate resources. Help is available through:
- walk-in consultations
Contact us if you have questions regarding:
- verifying legitimate emails
- help with Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- setting up email on your phone
- password assistance
- logging in
Forward messages like this to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification
As of January 9, 2017, Learning and Technology Services will be enforcing the new password requirements started by UW-System. The following email was sent out:
The UW System Board of Regents and President Ray Cross have approved five information technology policies as of October 2016, written by the UW Information Assurance Council. These policies can be viewed online. LTS is working on the implementation of these policies. Several of the implementations, to be enforced beginning Jan. 8, relate to authentication systems and passwords. See UW System's Information Security: Authentication page for more details.
- Passwords will be set to expire every 180 days (so if you changed it January 1st you would have to change it again around July 1st)
- UW-System will require passwords of a minimum of 12 characters in length with three of the four uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and special characters "~!@#$^&%*()" to access university-owned computers. We are calling them passphrases and suggesting people use a short sentence that they can remember.
- After 7 incorrect password attempts your account will be locked out for 30 minutes
- Your computer will lock after 30 minutes of inactivity
LTS Computer Purchasing
LTS is bringing out a new way to purchase computers and printers here on campus. Please see the LTS Consulting webpage to learn more about the new computer and printer purchasing process.