The holidays can be exciting and fun, but they can also be stressful. Here are some ways to minimize stress during the holidays:
- Don't blow your budget. Decide how much you can afford to spend and stick to that amount.
- Budget your time as well as your money. Don't overcommit your free time.
- Start planning your gift list early in the fall.
- Don't try to do everything yourself. Share responsibilities with your family.
- Add a bit of the true spirit of the season by giving a gift to someone who doesn't expect it, visiting an old friend or giving to someone in need.
- Make some fun plans for January, when the post-holiday blues can set in.
- If the stress gets to be too much, seek the help of a professional.