Welcome to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire!
By living in one of our residence halls, you will have an opportunity to become part of an exciting, dynamic and rewarding environment that will encourage personal development through community living and involvement.
You can access your room assignment and roommate information by logging into My Housing Portal and click "My Assignment." You will have an opportunity to visit the hall you have been assigned to between 2:30pm-4:30pm during your Orientation session this summer.
If you are a student who is currently unassigned, we will notify you as soon as we are able to assign you a space, but no later than August 1st. Feel free to check the My Housing Portal for updated assignment information. In the meantime, check out the links below for more information about residence life.
The residence halls open on Thursday, September 1 for first year and transfer students. Classes officially begin on Tuesday, September 6th. Unless we receive word from you concerning a late arrival on campus, your space may be released and reassigned to another student after this date.
To Do Before Move-In
- Sign up for Central Campus Move-In Time
- Transfer student assigned to Haymarket? No need to register for a move-in time. Move-in time is Thursday, September 1 st from 8am-4pm.
- Complete your Vaccine Form
- Choose your Meal Plan
- Contact your Roommate
- Complete Loft Arrangement Form (one form per room, please consult with your roommate). Form must be submitted by July 1 to have room done by move-in day.
- Review Move-In Checklist, Housing FAQ and General FAQ
- Assigned to Central Campus? Review Move-In Parking Map and Driving Directions to Campus
- Assigned to Haymarket? Review Move-In Map and Driving Directions
- Check out your assigned Building Information
Parking is limited on campus. We recommend that freshman do not bring vehicles. To ensure fairness permits are granted by lottery. Please review the parking lottery information.
No Longer Attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal and click 'Cancel Application Request'.
Please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office if you have any questions regarding the opening of the residence halls. We hope the forthcoming year will be a rewarding experience for you.