The Resident Assistant job is a part-time, live-in position with an appointment on an academic semester or an academic year basis. There are approximately 120 RAs that are divided between the 11 residence halls on campus. Staff sizes range for 5 to 18.
Deadline to apply is Noon, Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
How To Apply
2 Easy Steps to Apply
1. Complete this online RA Application Form.
Before beginning the online application, you will need to have the following:
- Contact information for your three references, including name, phone number, e-mail address. People who you might want to ask: your current/past RA, Hall Director, organization advisor/president, professor, current/past work supervisor, coach, volunteer coordinator, teacher, etc. (No reference forms are required; please only list contact information for your references.)
- The academic and extracurricular obligations and commitments you will have during the semester.
- Previous leadership experiences
- Previous employment experiences
2. The hall director will contact you to schedule your personal interview and group session. If you have questions about attire or how to prepare for either the personal interview or group session, please wait to ask until after the hall director has contacted you to schedule these sessions.
* Criminal background checks are required prior to employment.
RA Information Sessions
RA General Information Session will be held on
Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 9:00pm in the
General Information meetings provide helpful information in: navigating the application process, compensation, job description, and other questions.
The RA Informational Fair will give you an opportunity to talk with Hall Directors and Resident Assistants about what it is like to work in a particular hall.
RA Selection Career Services Resume, RA Informational Fair and Interview Workshop will be Thursday, February 1, 2018 from 8-9:30pm in the Hilltop Lounge. Please come with a copy of your resume and any questions you might have about the interview process.