Your Gift Supports:
Support the general needs of the department of communication and journalism with a gift of any amount to the Communication and Journalism Advancement Fund, which is used to meet the needs of the department that cannot be met by the state-assisted university operating budget. The fund enables the department to take advantages of opportunities to advance its cause.
The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations:
- Faculty outreach funds — modest funding for faculty working with students and/or others on research or special projects, presenting at workshops or participating in professional meetings ($500-$1,000).
- Learning enhancement funds — teaching equipment, special software for student projects and modest honorariums to guest speakers ($1,000-$10,000).
- Department outreach funds — support for special programs, especially those that introduce the department to high school and middle school students who show promise in communication, journalism or mass communication ($1,000-$2,500).
- New scholarships — for outstanding and deserving undergraduates ($500 per annual award; minimum of $15,000 for endowment).
- Existing communication and journalism scholarships (gifts of any amount).
- Student opportunity funds — small awards to students with financial need to help complete a class project or travel to a conference ($250-$1,000).
Thank you for considering a gift to benefit the department of communication and journalism at UW-Eau Claire. For more information, contact Mary Hoffman, department chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-4431.