Your Gift Supports:
Support the general needs of the Biology Department with a gift of any amount to the Biology Advancement Fund, which is used to meet the needs of the department that cannot be met by the state-assisted university operating budget. The fund enables the department to take advantage of opportunities to advance its cause.
The amount in parentheses indicates the annual amount required to meet current obligations:
- Existing undergraduate scholarships (gifts of any amount).
- Grant matches, for permanent equipment that enhances faculty-student collaborative research, such as a computerized physiological recording lab ($15,000) or environmental growth chambers ($30,000 each).
- Innovative labs in cell and environmental biology ($5,000 each).
- Faculty Opportunity Fund to reward faculty for excellence in teaching, faculty-student scholarship and advising ($1,500).
- Stipend and/or release time for faculty research mentors of student research scholarship awardees ($1,000).
- Advising coordinator and center to support the Kincaid Pre-med Student Scholar ($2,500).
- Furniture and lighting for study areas in Phillips Science Hall ($5,000).
Thank you for considering a gift to benefit the department of biology at UW-Eau Claire. For more information, contact Wilson Taylor, department chair, at email@example.com or 715-836-4166.