print header

Interested in a simple way to benefit the people, places and programs of UW-Eau Claire and receive tax benefits in return? If you are age 70½ or older, you can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as the UW-Eau Claire Foundation without having to pay income taxes on the money. The law permitting this type of gift, called an IRA rollover, no longer has an expiration date, so you are free to use this giving option annually well into the future.

How it works

  •  If you are 70½ or older, you can give up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
  •  The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you still benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
  •  If you have not taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
  • The transfer may be made in addition to any other charitable giving you have planned.
If you have already made a qualifying gift in 2016, contact your tax advisor to make sure your gift is properly reported on your 2016 income tax returns.



For more information

If you are interested in giving to the UW-Eau Claire Foundation via an IRA rollover, or if you have any questions, please contact Michele Olson at 715-836-3526 or