Manager: Bernie Waldoch
- Custodial Phone: 715-836-5817
- Custodial Fax: 715-836-2863
- Email: FACMGT53@uwec.edu
- Bernie Waldoch, Manager: 715-836-5246
- Rhonda Young, Supervisor: 715-836-5031
- John Dwyer, Supervisor: 715-836-4393
- Brad Kupczak, Supervisor: 715-836-4261
An Important Role
Our custodians play a key role in creating a positive experience for students, staff, and visitors who utilize our campus facilities each day. These dedicated professionals work to provide a safe, healthy, and clean campus that supports the University's mission. Our services support student learning, Student Housing, Student Recreation, Student Centers and more. Our services foster creativity, make music, paint pictures, win championships, and build a better future!
What We Do
Our custodial crews consist of Supervisors, Team Leaders and custodians. We are the largest division of the facilities services group. Our custodians clean more than 26 buildings totaling over 2.5 million square feet of space including common areas, restrooms, clinics, labs, classrooms, libraries, lounges, offices, residences and more. We provide campus:
- Cleaning and waste removal
- Sanitizing of spaces
- Campus recycling
- Campus pest control
- Burned out lamp replacement
Custodians take pride in the upkeep of the campus, are highly trained and receive regular training on equipment, process, practices and green cleaning initiative.
Examples of services we provide in Academic, Centers, Residence halls and Recreation Facilities:
- Clean and sanitize surfaces
- Vacuum and mop floors
- Shovel and salt entry ways
- Refinish floors
- Shampoo carpets
- General deep cleaning
- Restroom/Shower-room cleaning/restocking
- Pool cleaning
- Remove posters from all unauthorized areas
- Recycle cardboard paper and other material
Our teams focus on the quality cleaning of classrooms, restrooms, study areas, workrooms and common areas on a daily basis. Offices and infrequent-use areas are cleaned weekly. Detail cleaning and sanitizing of residence rooms are performed as the rooms are vacated for the summer break.
Fiscally Responsible Priorities
As stewards of public and student funds, we set priorities that put the student first. For this reason, we schedule service that is more frequent in common areas, restrooms and classrooms than in offices and staff areas. These variations are reflected in the Blugold Cleaning Standards.
Sustainability and Green Initiatives
Many of the core cleaning products we use to clean the campus on a daily basis, are green certified and peroxide based. In addition we utilize a microfiber rag program, in lieu of disposable rags, that are more effective at cleaning surfaces and are washed, sanitized and reused.
Other initiatives include:
- Eliminating overnight shifts (3rd shift) where possible to reduce energy costs and waste.
- Cleaning equipment to meet Compliant Green standards where possible.
- Cleaning products are in "Ready to Dispense" containers to eliminate over mixing of product.
To request custodial help, contact Custodial Services at 715-836-5817 or email us at: FACMGT53@uwec.edu