The goal of the Bluprint for a Blugold is simple: to get you connected to your new home. There are five categories on the Bluprint that are designed to best acquaint you with campus and enhance your college experience here at UW-Eau Claire. If you are enrolled in a First Year Only (FYO) class, your professor may require you to attend events. If you are not enrolled in an FYO class, these events are still open to you! Each Bluprint event is categorized and color coded for your convenience and include;
Cultural Competence- Events in this category allow you to expand your horizons and will introduce you to student organizations and resources pertaining to diversity and global issues.
Academic Success- These events provide great advice, instill academic skills and study habits, and introduce you to the campus services that will help you achieve your academic goals.
Practical Matters- The events in this category are intended to offer advice on the variety of matters that you may encounter as a student. Events focus on how to deal with conflict, budgeting, and other matters that may arise while in college.
Health and Wellness- College can be stressful, be sure to care for yourself. These events will connect you with related services and resources, and introduce good habits to keep you healthy and well during your college experience.
Getting Involved- The events in this category will help you navigate the UW-Eau Claire campus and Eau Claire area. They will also encourage you to get involved in clubs, organizations, community projects, research opportunities and more!
All categories offer great events to foster your first year. Please attend events and look for the Bluprint for a Blugold table to either swipe your Blugold ID card or sign in! Swiping or signing in at Bluprint events will enter you to win weekly prizes. The more events you participate in the better your chances to win!
Schedule of Events for Fall 2016!
Week 1 (September 1st-3rd)
- Lunch and Student Services Fair; Friday, September 2nd, Noon-2:00pm, Hilltop Dining Center.
- Blugold Spirit Tailgate, Saturday, September 3rd, 4-6pm, Carson Park (Off Campus).
Week 2 (September 4th-10th)
- Labor of Love Community Service Event; Sunday, September 4th, at 8:00am, 11:30am and 2:00pm, check in at Towers Hall.
- Sex Signals; Sunday, September 4th, at 4:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm, Schofield Auditorium.
- Tour de Rec (University Rec Open House); Monday, September 5th, from 10:00am-1:30pm, check-in at Recreation Office in Hilltop
- Library After Dark; Tuesday, September 6th, 6:00pm-10:00pm, McIntyre Library.
- Blu's Organization Bash (BOB); Wednesday, September 7th, 11:00am-2:00pm, Central Campus Mall
- McPhee Fun Night and Pizza Tasting; Wednesday, September 7th, 5:30pm-10:00pm, McPhee
- The Cook OUT; Thursday, September 8th, 5:00pm, Towers Backyard.
- Part Time Job Fair; Friday September 8th, 10:00am-1:00pm, Dakota Ballroom in the Davies Center.
- UW Meets EC; Friday, September 9th, 5:00pm, Shuttles leave from Towers.
Week 3 (September 11th-17th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Friday, September 16th, 10:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 4 (September 18th-24th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, September 20th, 9:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Community Action Fair: Wednesday, September 21st, 10:00am-2:00pm, in the Ojibwe Ballroom, 3rd floor of the Davies Center
Week 5 (September 25th-October 1st)
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, September 28th, 12:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Yell Like Hell; Wednesday, September 28th, 7:00pm, Zorn Arena
- Varsity Night Live; Friday, September 30th, 7:00pm, Zorn Arena
Week 6 (October 2nd-8th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, October 6th, 11:30am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 7 (October 9th-15th)
- Service learning Information Session; Monday, October 10th, 12:30pm, 1924 Centennial Hall
- Study Abroad Fair; Wednesday, October 12th, 11:00am-3:00pm, location to be determined.
Week 8 (October 16th-22nd)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, October 18th, 10:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 9 (October 23rd-29th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, October 26th, 3:00pm 1924 Centennial Hall
Week 10 (October 30th-November 5th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, November 3rd, 3:30pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 11 (November 6th-12th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Friday, November 11th, 2:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 12 (November 13th-19th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Monday, November 14th, 1:00pm, 1924 Centennial Hall
Week 13 (November 20th-26th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, November 22nd, 3:30pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 14 (November 27th- December 3rd):
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, November 30th, 12:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 15 (December 4th-10th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, December 8th, 11:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 16 (December 11th-17th)
Week 17 (December 18th-22nd)
This Week, May 2nd-6th