The goal of the Bluprint for a Blugold is simple: to get you connected to your new home. There are five categories on the Bluprint that are designed to best acquaint you with campus and enhance your college experience here at UW-Eau Claire. If you are enrolled in a First Year Only (FYO) class, your professor may require you to attend events. If you are not enrolled in an FYO class, these events are still open to you! Each Bluprint event is categorized and color coded for your convenience and include;
Cultural Competence- Events in this category allow you to expand your horizons and will introduce you to student organizations and resources pertaining to diversity and global issues.
Academic Success- These events provide great advice, instill academic skills and study habits, and introduce you to the campus services that will help you achieve your academic goals.
Practical Matters- The events in this category are intended to offer advice on the variety of matters that you may encounter as a student. Events focus on how to deal with conflict, budgeting, and other matters that may arise while in college.
Health and Wellness- College can be stressful, be sure to care for yourself. These events will connect you with related services and resources, and introduce good habits to keep you healthy and well during your college experience.
Getting Involved- The events in this category will help you navigate the UW-Eau Claire campus and Eau Claire area. They will also encourage you to get involved in clubs, organizations, community projects, research opportunities and more!
All categories offer great events to foster your first year. Please attend events and look for the Bluprint for a Blugold table to either swipe your Blugold ID card or sign in! Swiping or signing in at Bluprint events will enter you to win weekly prizes. The more events you participate in the better your chances to win!
Schedule of Events for Fall 2016!
- National Student Exchange: Wednesday, January 25th from 1:00-2:00pm, Menominee room (320F), Davies Center
- Blu's Organizations Bash; Wednesday, February 1st, from 11:00am-2:00pm, Davies Center
- McPhee Freeze; Wednesday, February 1st, from 5:15-10pm, McPhee Physical Education Center.
- Community Action Fair; Thursday, February 2nd, from 10:00am-2:00pm, Ojibwe Ballroom, Davies Center
- Free Ice Skating; Friday, February 3rd, from 8:30-11:00pm, at Hobbs Ice Center.
- Chancellors Round Table, Wednesday, February 8th, from noon-1:00pm, Davies Center.
- Service-Learning Information Session, Thursday, February. 9th, from 1 - 1:30 p.m., in Old Library 2110
- Free Dog Sledding; Thursday, February 9th at 1:00pm, Towers Field.
- Career Conference; Wednesday, February 15th, 10:00am-3:00pm, Davies Center
- Service Learning Session; Tuesday, February 21st, 3-3:30pm, Old Library 2110
- Service Learning Session; Thursday, February 23rd, 12-12:30pm, Old Library 2110
Looking for more things to do on campus?
Interested in attending more events? Check out the Calendar of Events to see other campus events that may not be featured on the Bluprint.
Want to get more involved on campus? Consider joining a student organization. Check out the Activities, Involvement and Leadership Student organization page from more information.
This Week, May 2nd-6th