The goal of the Bluprint for a Blugold is simple: to get you connected to your new home. There are five categories on the Bluprint that are designed to best acquaint you with campus and enhance your college experience here at UW-Eau Claire. If you are enrolled in a First Year Only (FYO) class, your professor may require you to attend events. If you are not enrolled in an FYO class, these events are still open to you! Each Bluprint event is categorized and color coded for your convenience and include;
Cultural Competence- Events in this category allow you to expand your horizons and will introduce you to student organizations and resources pertaining to diversity and global issues.
Academic Success- These events provide great advice, instill academic skills and study habits, and introduce you to the campus services that will help you achieve your academic goals.
Practical Matters- The events in this category are intended to offer advice on the variety of matters that you may encounter as a student. Events focus on how to deal with conflict, budgeting, and other matters that may arise while in college.
Health and Wellness- College can be stressful, be sure to care for yourself. These events will connect you with related services and resources, and introduce good habits to keep you healthy and well during your college experience.
Getting Involved- The events in this category will help you navigate the UW-Eau Claire campus and Eau Claire area. They will also encourage you to get involved in clubs, organizations, community projects, research opportunities and more!
All categories offer great events to foster your first year. Please attend events and look for the Bluprint for a Blugold table to either swipe your Blugold ID card or sign in! Swiping or signing in at Bluprint events will enter you to win weekly prizes. The more events you participate in the better your chances to win!
Schedule of Events for Fall 2016!
Week 1 (September 1st-3rd)
- Lunch and Student Services Fair; Friday, September 2nd, Noon-2:00pm, Hilltop Dining Center.
- Blugold Spirit Tailgate, Saturday, September 3rd, 4-6pm, Carson Park (Off Campus).
Week 2 (September 4th-10th)
- Labor of Love Community Service Event; Sunday, September 4th, at 8:00am, 11:30am and 2:00pm, check in at Towers Hall.
- Sex Signals; Sunday, September 4th, at 4:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm, Schofield Auditorium.
- Tour de Rec (University Rec Open House); Monday, September 5th, from 10:00am-1:30pm, check-in at Recreation Office in Hilltop
- Library After Dark; Tuesday, September 6th, 6:00pm-10:00pm, McIntyre Library.
- Blu's Organization Bash (BOB); Wednesday, September 7th, 11:00am-2:00pm, Central Campus Mall
- McPhee Fun Night and Pizza Tasting; Wednesday, September 7th, 5:30pm-10:00pm, McPhee
- The Cook OUT; Thursday, September 8th, 5:00pm, Towers Backyard.
- Part Time Job Fair; Friday September 9th, 10:00am-1:00pm, Dakota Ballroom in the Davies Center.
- UW Meets EC; Friday, September 9th, 5:00pm, Shuttles leave from Towers. More information here.
Week 3 (September 11th-17th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Friday, September 16th, 10:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Storytelling Festival; Friday, September 16th, 7:00pm - 8:30 pm, Dakota Ballroom, Davies Center. More information can be found here.
Week 4 (September 18th-24th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, September 20th, 9:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
- UWEC Then and Now: A Reader's Theatre; Tuesday, September 20th, 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm, Schofield Auditorium.
- Celebrating 100 Years of Education at UW-Eau Claire; September 20th, 4:30pm - 5:45 pm. Reception to follow. Program flyer found here.
- Community Action Fair: Wednesday, September 21st, 10:00am-2:00pm, in the Ojibwe Ballroom, 3rd floor of the Davies Center
- Two Guys and a Bridge: A Story of Hope, September 22nd, 7:00 pm, Schofield Auditorium. Note: The event is free but a ticket is required for admittance. More information can be found here.
Week 5 (September 25th-October 1st)
- National Student Exchange Information Session; Tuesday, September 27th, 11:00 am, Menominee, Davies Center 320F
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, September 28th, 12:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Yell Like Hell; Wednesday, September 28th, 7:00pm, Zorn Arena
- Fall Career Conference; Thursday, September 29th, 10:00am-3:00pm, Davies Center 3rd floor.
- Varsity Night Live; Friday, September 30th, 7:00pm, Zorn Arena
Week 6 (October 2nd-8th)
- Four Year Contract Informational Session; Tuesday, October 4th, 11:00am - 12:00pm, Schneider Hall 100
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, October 6th, 11:30am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 7 (October 9th-15th)
- Finding Your Passion; Monday October 10th, 11:00am, Old Library 1128
- Service learning Information Session; Monday, October 10th, 12:30pm, 1924 Centennial Hall
- Four Year Contract Informational Session; Monday, October 10th, 5:00pm in Schneider Hall 100.
- Lemonade Stand and Mental Health Screening; Tuesday October 11th, 11am-2pm. Outside Zorn Arena. Stop by for a free lemonade and pick up a mental health screening form.
- Political Animals film; Tuesday, October 11th, 7:00pm, Woodland Theater Davies Center.
- Study Abroad Fair; Wednesday, October 12th, 11:00am-3:00pm, Ojibwe Ballroom Davies Center
- Four Year Contract Information Session; Wednesday, October 12th, 2:00pm-3:00pm, Schneider Hall 100
- Akron film; Wednesday, October 12th, 5:00pm, Woodland Theater, Davies Center
- Real Boy film; Thursday, October 13th, 12:30pm and 2:00pm, Woodland Theater Davies Center
- National Student Exchange Information Session; Thursday, October 13th, 1:00 pm, Menominee, Davies Center 320F
Week 8 (October 16th-22nd)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, October 18th, 10:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Majors and Student Services Fair; Thursday, Oct. 20, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Ojibwe Ballroom, Davies Center.
- NOTA Open Read; Thursday, October 20th, 7:30-10:30pm, The Cabin in Davies Center
- Mid-Term P(r)ep Panel Session; Friday Oct. 21st, 12:00pm, Centennial 1916. Free Pizza and Soda!
- NRHH Fall Leadership Retreat; Starting Friday October 21st-Saturday October 22nd (leaving campus at 4pm Friday and returning around 1pm on Saturday). This is an overnight experience at Beaver Creek Reserve designed to help you grow as a leader and get connected to other students on campus. Transportation, meals and a t-shirt are included with the program. Click here to sign in and register before October 19th. Please email Spencer with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Week 9 (October 23rd-29th)
- Diverse Nicaragua: LGBTQ Issues in Nicaragua by Mario Gadea (speaker/activist from Nicaragua); Tuesday, October 25th from 4:00-6:00pm, Centennial 2614
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, October 26th, 3:00pm 1924 Centennial Hall
- Registration Workshop; Thursday, October 27th from 1:00-2:00pm in Hibbard 201(Register here)
- National Student Exchange Information Session; Friday, October 28th, 10:00 am, Menominee, Davies Center 320F
- Latin Dance Music with Musical Guests Tropicante/Los Llaneros!; Friday, October 28th from 7:00-9:00pm, Dakota Ballroom
Week 10 (October 30th-November 5th)
- Off-Campus Housing Q & A; Tuesday, November 1st, 7:00pm, Towers Commons
- LOOP, Wednesday, November 2nd, 11-1:30pm, Location TBD. Free ice cream!
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, November 3rd, 3:30pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
- Registration Workshop; Friday, November 4th, from 10:00-11:00am in Hibbard 201 (Register here)
Week 11 (November 6th-12th)
- Money Matters Conversation; Monday, November 7th at Noon, Ho-Chunk room in Davies Center
- Chancellors Round Table; Wednesday, November 9th at Noon, Davies Center
- Registration Workshop; Thursday, November 10th, from 4:00-5:00pm, in Hibbard 201(Register here)
- Service Learning Information Session; Friday, November 11th, 2:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 12 (November 13th-19th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Monday, November 14th, 1:00pm, 1924 Centennial Hall
- National Student Exchange Information Session; Monday, November 14th, 5:00 pm, Menominee, Davies Center 320F
Week 13 (November 20th-26th)
- Service Learning Information Session; Tuesday, November 22nd, 3:30pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 14 (November 27th- December 3rd):
- Service Learning Information Session; Wednesday, November 30th, 12:00pm, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 15 (December 4th-10th)
- Chancellors Round Table; Wednesday, December 7th at Noon, Davies Center
- Service Learning Information Session; Thursday, December 8th, 11:00am, 1916 Centennial Hall
Week 16 (December 11th-17th)
Week 17 (December 18th-22nd)
Looking for more things to do on campus?
Interested in attending more events? Check out the Calendar of Events to see other campus events that may not be featured on the Bluprint.
Want to get more involved on campus? Consider joining a student organization. Check out the Activities, Involvement and Leadership Student organization page from more information.
This Week, May 2nd-6th