Student Building Manager Supervisor
Reports to the Assistant Director for Event Services
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Student Building Manager Supervisor provides leadership, motivation, discipline and
evaluation for the Student Building Management staff. The goal of the Student Building Manager Supervisor is to provide all the tools and training for the Student Building Managers to carry out their responsibilities. This position requires little or no supervision.
- Hire, train, schedule and evaluate Student Building Management staff.
- Assist in coordinating audio-visual equipment, food, and custodial services requests
as required by users of the University Centers.
- Enforce policies related to the use of university facilities.
- Develop and implement training of Student Building Management staff in building use
policies and procedures, technical skills and emergency procedures. Coordinate a course on CPR, First-Aid, AED certification/recertification, and responsible alcohol catering procedures each semester.
- Update and maintain all manuals, training programs, evaluation materials, photo rosters,
schedules, and various other organizational communications.
- Plan and conduct weekly meetings with all Student Building Manager staff or otherwise effectively organize and facilitate regular intra-staff communication.
- Prepare, verify and process Student Building Manager timesheets and punch cards.
- Be available to answer questions/concerns of Student Building Management staff during scheduled office hours, as well as taking care of office-related duties.
- Be willing to perform any other tasks deemed necessary to carry out the duties as enumerated within the Student Building Manager Supervisor’s scope of responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SALARY
- Must be a student at UW-Eau Claire
- Must be in good academic standing (maintaining both a cumulative and previous semester’s grade point average of at least 2.0). It is strongly recommended that the Supervisor maintains a cumulative and previous semester’s GPA of at least 2.5.
- Must carry at least six undergraduate or five graduate credits
- Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekdays, evenings, and weekends
- It is strongly recommended that any candidate work within the Event Services unit prior to hiring.
The Student Building Manager Supervisor has no required hours per week. During the semester hours worked must not exceed 20 hours per week. During the summer session hours worked must not exceed 40 hours per week.
The Student Building Manager Supervisor is compensated according to the University Centers Wage Classification Scale Paraprofessional Level 1. Longevity, training and performance will render the Student Building Manager Supervisor as eligible for additions to the base wage at the discretion of the Assistant Director for Event Services.