Student Building Manager
Reports to the Student Building Manager Supervisor
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Building Managers provide for the operations and security of the University Centers in the absence of or in addition to permanent staff. The Student Building Manager will promote and enforce University Centers policies in helping to maintain the order, security and safety of the building and its occupants. The Student Building Manager will serve in the role of house management for major University Centers events and provide audio-visual support for events in Davies Center and Schofield Auditorium. This position requires little or no supervision.
- Provide for the order, security and safety of the building and its occupants in the absence of or in addition to permanent staff. Enforce and promote the University Centers reservation, promotional and building use policies and regulations. Be knowledgeable of University Centers audio-visual equipment. Set up, operate and/or monitor the use of audio-visual equipment within Davies Center and Schofield Auditorium.
- Supervise building use; provide for room and building security as needed by securing facilities in accordance with a daily schedule.
- Serve as a source of information and assistance for University Centers patrons.
- Be able to provide any needed emergency medical assistance including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), basic First-Aid, and automatic external defibrillation (AED).
- Maintain a reputation of professionalism through appearance, demeanor and performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SALARY
- Must be a student at UW-Eau Claire
- Must be in good academic standing (maintaining both a cumulative and previous semester’s grade point average of at least 2.0)
- Must have at least two full semesters remaining as a UW-Eau Claire student at the time of application
- Must carry at least six undergraduate or five graduate credits
- Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Must have managerial or leadership experience
The Student Building Manager must work at least two regular evening or weekend shifts per month. The position has the opportunity to sign up for more hours serving audio-visual support. During the semester hours worked must not exceed 20 hours per week. Each spring the Student Building Manager will have an opportunity to sign up for summer work. Summer hours are not guaranteed and positions are assigned by the Student Building Manager Supervisor and the Assistant Director for Event Services.
A Student Building Manager is compensated according to the University Centers Wage Classification Scale Advanced Level 1. Longevity, training and performance may render a Student Building Manager as eligible for additions to the base wage at the discretion of the Student Building Manager Supervisor and the Assistant Director for Event Services.