The Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites applications for a probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The position will start August 25, 2014. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The successful candidate will teach courses in human development and other courses as assigned.
- The successful candidate will also participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to students, engage in service to the university and community, and participate in department, college, and university committee work.
- Doctorate in Psychology or a related field. ABD applicants will be considered but degree must be completed by March 1, 2015.
- Interest and skill in undergraduate teaching.
- Training in lifespan or adult development
- Commitment to equity and inclusiveness and ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus.
The Psychology Department:
Nineteen full time faculty members and several instructional academic staff in the Psychology Department represent a broad range of specialty areas. We serve more than 500 undergraduate psychology majors and 20 school psychology graduate students, as well as general education. The Campus Autism Program, led by a board-certified behavior analyst, offers intensive behavioral intervention for children with autism. Department faculty and students also play a central role in the interdisciplinary Human Development Center that provides clinical services in a variety of areas. For more details, visit our website at http://www.uwec.edu/psyc.
To apply, submit the following in pdf format:
- A letter of application
- Statements of teaching and research interests
- Curriculum vita
- Letters from three references
- Relevant transcripts
- A sample of scholarly work.
Applications are submitted electronically.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers. Click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to 'Psychology: Assistant Professor--Job ID # 9282' and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Dr. Kate Lang, Administrative Lead, Department of Psychology
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 15, 2013. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Julie Herstad at 715-836-5733 or email@example.com to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment