Notice of Filing of the Application for Permanent Employment Certification
The notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Kinesiology for which a competitive recruitment was done (position announcement attached).
Any person may provide a documentary evidence bearing on the application for permanent alien labor certification to the Certifying Officer of the U.S. Department of Labor at:
United States Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Chicago National Processing Center
Railroad Retirement Board Building
844 North Rush Street, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Telephone: (312) 886-8000
FAX: (312) 886-1688
The University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire provides prevailing working conditions for all employees. The rate of pay for this position will be $55,000.
Department of Kinesiology
A probationary, tenure-track faculty position is available in the Department of Kinesiology at the rank of Assistant Professor with an emphasis in Human Performance beginning August 19, 2013. Summer employment is possible.
- Applicant will be expected to teach courses as assigned by the Department Chair (the equivalent of 12-credit hours per semester), participate in research and scholarly activities, provide academic advising to assigned students, and engage in service to the university, college, department, and community.
- The individual in this position may be responsible for oversight of the Community Fitness Program that serves as a practicum experience for our Human Performance majors.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or an area relevant to the duties described by the start of the contract.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses in human performance is required (e.g., physical assessment and exercise prescription,special populations, exercise physiology, anatomy, research methods).
- The successful candidate should also possess experience working in clinical, commercial, worksite, and/or community health/fitness settings and be able to provide leadership for the UW-Eau Claire Community Fitness Program.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential for collaborative leadership, strong communication skills, high degree of personal initiative, and a commitment to the scholarship of teaching and research.
- Professional certification through nationally recognized organizations (ACSM, NSCA, or NASM) is strongly preferred in the candidate.
- The ability to enhance the diversity of the department and serve as a role model and mentor for women and/or minorities will also be considered an asset.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Kinesiology is a dynamic and rapidly growing learning community with multiple degrees in areas related to Athletic Training, Human Performance, Movement Studies, and Physical Education. The department is collegial, supportive, dedicated to excellence in teaching, and engages in numerous professional service initiatives and student faculty collaborative research. Minors are offered in Adapted Physical Education, Coaching, and Kinesiology. The Service program provides wellness theory and physical activity programs to meet the University-wide requirement. The department currently has approximately 700 students within its majors and minors, and 20 full/part time faculty and academic staff.
- Letter of application
- Curriulum Vita
- Unofficial transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
Please submit materials in PDF format.
Apply online at http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm by following the instructions. (Click on our position vacancy and and then click the "Apply Now" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login.") Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
If you have application questions, call or email:
Dr. Matt Wiggins, Chair
Department of Kinesiology
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by November 26, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check will be required prior to employment. UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer striving to recruit, develop, and retain employees from varied backgrounds. Please contact Dr. Wiggins firstname.lastname@example.org to request any accommodation necessary to aid your participation in our hiring process.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment