Candidate materials are only available via intranet; a UW-Eau Claire username and password will be required to view these materials.
The first half hour to be spent discussing the following: The Chinese character denoting "crisis" is a combination of the characters for "danger" and "opportunity." Please discuss the challenges facing a College of Arts and Sciences today, and explain how you might lead our college to maintain and enhance its excellence while creating new opportunities for students, faculty, and programs. This will be followed by a question-and-answer session.
Open forums will be recorded, and links to the recordings will be posted (via intranet) after each forum.
A Qualtrics survey is available to provide feedback to the Search and Screen Committee for each candidate: https://uweauclaire.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8C8bdzDYpuSSPSl . Please submit your surveys no later than December 17, 2013, at 4:30 pm.
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the College of Arts and Science.
The Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences is the intellectual and administrative leader of the college, and the chief advocate for the college's academic programs. The Dean reports to and works in consultation with the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Dean facilitates and promotes the highest-quality in curriculum and academic support programs by fostering a collaborative spirit, a positive and productive work environment, and a commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Advise the Provost and Vice Chancellor in matters of academic program, budget, facilities, personnel, and support services, and act as a representative of, and strong advocate for the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Lead the development, administration and evaluation of the activities of the College's faculty/academic staff and academic programs, including curriculum, instruction, advising, and scholarship.
- Provide visionary liberal education leadership in the college, the university, and the broader community, including active leadership in the AAC&U's Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP)initiative.
- Establish and sustain a Liberal Education Core, the foundation of our rigorous, integrated, and globally-infused undergraduate curriculum based on high-impact educational practices.
- Promote scholarly and creative activities of faculty and academic staff, including faculty-undergraduate student research collaboration, and support professional development.
- Develop, recommend, and administer the college budget within funding limits.
- Collaborate with the UW-Eau Claire Foundation and the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to lead faculty and academic staff in securing financial and non-financial support for the college.
- Advise the Provost and Vice Chancellor on all personnel matters relating to the appointment, evaluation, and promotion of faculty/academic staff, and the tenure of college faculty.
- Work cooperatively with the academic deans of the other colleges.
- Lead the college in responding creatively and flexibly to challenges and opportunities in higher education (e.g. MOOCs, dual enrollment, flexible degrees, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost and Vice Chancellor.
- A terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education in one of the disciplines represented in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- A minimum of three years of academic administrative experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have served as dean, associate or assistant dean, division head, department chair or equivalent. Individuals with more extensive experience at these levels are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should describe in the application letter how they demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-driven decision-making
- A commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusiveness
- Responsible fiscal management
- Success in development and fundraising activities
- Effective advocacy for liberal education
- Letter of application
- Contact information for at least three references
Application materials should be submitted electronically in pdf format.
Please follow the instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Webite: UW-Eau Claire Careers
If you have application questions, please email Ms. Sarah Forcier, Search Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
This search is continuing from the spring semester. The committee will resume reviewing applications on September 23, 2013. Screening will continue until the position is ?lled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants' names are subject to public release unless con?dentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all ?nalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment