A 50% professional academic staff position is available at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in Athletics as the Head Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Coach. The anticipated start date is August 25, 2014.
- Serve as Head Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Coach.
- Direct a highly successful program within the guidelines of the University, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and NCAA Division III.
- Recruit and retain qualified student athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Recommend and oversee the budget.
- Recommend competitive and practice schedules to the Athletics Director.
- Administer the care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Promote the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Promote program revenue generation related to the program.
- Assign work and supervise assistant coaches.
- Participate in department fundraising and public relations events.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Athletics Director.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree and prior college coaching experience considered an asset.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential for collaborative leadership, strong communication skills, high degree of personal initiative, and commitment to excellence.
- The candidate must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and the ability to enhance the diversity of the department.
- Salary will be commensurate with coaching experience and qualifications.
ABOUT UW-EAU CLAIRE ATHLETICS:
UW-Eau Claire has an outstanding NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic program. The Blugolds are a member of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, a nine-member league considered to be the premier Conference of Champions in DIII. The Blugold sports module includes 11 women's sports and nine men's sports which have garnered 150 conference championships. The school has also claimed nine national championships. The Blugolds have been the host for numerous post-season events including national championships in women's basketball, softball, gymnastics and men's and women's cross country.
Materials required in pdf format:
- Letter of application
- Copy of unofficial transcripts
- Names and contact information for at least professional references.
Apply online at UW-Eau Claire Careers by following the instructions. Select Job Title: Head Swimming and Diving Coach; Job ID #9538; and click the Apply Now button. You must create an account/register and login to apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are complete. Please submit materials in PDF format only.
If you have application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The priority deadline for completed applications is March 10, 2014.. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.
The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request. A criminal background check will be required prior to employment.
To learn more, visit the Web site: www.uwec.edu/employment