Business Professional - MEN
Andrew Bonlender, Education major
- A classic black suit is a great choice for a first purchase.
- Under your
suit, a nice button-up collared shirt in white or other neutral colors is recommended.
- It is best to keep your tie simple. Wear a solid color or one with a basic striped pattern.
- Coordinate your shoes and belt to match. Wear black shoes with a black belt.
- Match your socks to your suit. A few nice pairs of black dress socks are a worth while investment.
- It is best to cover up all tattoos and to remove any facial piercings.
- If you have ear piercings considering wearing simple studded earrings.
- Avoid wearing heavy cologne as this may affect some people's allergies.
Dennis Beale, Student Services Coordinator, Blugold Beginnings
- Neutral color suits are recommended.
- Consider wearing a suit in black, brown, dark grey, or navy blue.
- Avoid bright color and distracting patterns.
- Make sure that your entire outfit is clean and wrinkle free.
- Plan ahead and make sure your suit has enough time to be dry cleaned before your interview.
- It is always best to keep accessories to a minimum. Do not wear anything to distracting, consider a classic silver or gold watch.
- Make sure your facial hair is properly trimmed or clean shaven.