print header
banner 2

International Student Services

Immigration Advising

The Center for International Education (CIE) advises students on their F and J visa status. However, maintaining immigration status is the student's responsibility.

The CIE can advise F and J visa holders on the following:

  • Severe economic hardship
  • Reduced course load
  • Program extension
  • Transferring out of UW-Eau Claire
  • Obtaining a social security number for on-campus employment
  • Off-campus employment
    • Optional Practical Training (OPT)
    • Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
    • Academic training

For more information regarding the items listed above, please click here.

Resources for Current International Students

  • Scholarships
  • Extra time allowance on exams
  • Foreign language/culture requirement waiver
  • Health insurance
  • Reporting on-campus employment changes
  • Tax information
  • Inviting family or friends to visit
  • Updating personal information (phone number and address)
  • Off-campus housing guide

To access the resources listed above, click here.

Resources for Recent Graduates

  • OPT reporting
  • OPT STEM extension
  • Transcripts

To access the resources listed above, click here.

Application Process for Exchange and Grant Students

Click here to find instructions on how to fill out your online application to UW-Eau Claire.

Follow this link to begin the application process.