Wisconsin Teaching Fellows and Scholars Program
The Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars program offers UW faculty and teaching academic staff an opportunity to collaborate with other exceptional teachers from across the UW System and from various disciplines. Through this program you will discuss illuminating works from pedagogical literature and complete a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) project with input from fellow participants and the program co-directors.
UW-Eau Claire will be nominating two candidates; one early career educator for the Fellow position and one later career educator for the Scholar position.
Participants develop a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) project with support from the program during the summer of 2018 and the 2018-19 academic year.
- Attendance at four OPID-sponsored events throughout the year required:
- Faculty College, May 29 to June 2, 2018, UW-Richland, Richland Center, WI
- Wisconsin Teaching Fellows &Scholars Summer Institute, June 11-15, 2018, Madison Concourse Hotel
- Wisconsin Teaching Fellows &Scholars Winter Retreat- January 2019, 2 days TBD
- Final meeting- 1 day, TBD
- Consultation and recording of SoTL project's progress throughout the program year
- Submission of SoTL project to UW System's APEI.
UW-Eau Claire Requirements:
- Present at a fall presentation during the call for applications
- Present during the fall of 2019 with your completed project
- Share your poster with CETL to display during the 2019-2020 year
Each participant will receive $4,000 summer stipend in financial support from their institution and a $500 S&E grant from OPID.
The deadline for applications for the 2018-2019 program has ended. Please check back in the fall of 2018 to apply next year.
- 2018-2019 Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars Program Description
- 2018-2019 Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars Application
For additional information from UW System, click on this link.