Educators and Students,
A D2L outage is planned for July:
Saturday, July 16,
during the daytime hours of
6:00 am-6:00 pm CDT
This outage is necessary to replace database hardware and to upgrade to SQL 2008. D2L will be completely unavailable during this outage.
What's New in D2L v.9.2?
D2L enhancements in version 9.2 include:
- Expanded mobile capability includes participation in D2L discussions and device independent access
- New gradebook features:
- Blind grading
- Grading by question so similar criteria are used
- Ability to distribute weight by points in a weighted gradebook category
- Audio recording feature (one minute limit per recording) available in several D2L tools:
- Dropbox - available to instructors and students
- Discussions - available to instructors and students
- News - available to instructors
- Content Browser widget on course home pages allows users to see their most recently viewed topics as well as bookmarked items
- Terminology change: "Calendar" replaces "Schedule"
Faculty and student D2L documentation sites are being updated to reflect the changes included in this new version.
D2L Incompatibility with Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer 9 is not yet a compatible browser for use with D2L. Please avoid using this version of IE with D2L.
If you have already upgraded, try using Mozilla Firefox. IE9 will cause problems for students when using the discussion and dropbox tools and a number of problems for instructors in editing D2L tools including Content and Discussions.