Purchase Orders (PO)
Contact Carley Kukuk for purchasing questions at email@example.com. (36-5171)
If total of order is under $5,000, process and submit an e-Form Purchase Requisition.
- If total of order is over $5,000 but under $25,000, You must obtain bids from at least 3 vendors unless using existing DOA or UW-Madison contracts. Keep in mind that there are mandatory contracts in place for various items (e.g. office supplies must be purchased through Shop@UW.). Contact the Purchasing Office for further information. Once quotes have been obtained and low bidder has been determined, an e-Form Purchase Requisition should be processed with quotes attached to the requisition.
- If total of order is over $25,000 but under $50,000 and there is no existing contract that can be referenced, the Purchasing Office should be contacted for guidance on the appropriate request for bid process.
- If total of order is over $50,000, and there is no existing contract that can be referenced, an Official Sealed bid must be processed. Purchasing Office should be contacted at this point.
- Accounts Payable office will receive the invoice from the vendor. The invoice will be matched to the corresponding PO.
- A copy of the invoice will be e-mailed to the department stating that it is in the process of being paid. Contact us if the invoice is incorrect. If no contact, we will assume the invoice is correct, and it will automatically be paid in 3 days.
- It is the department's responsibility to notify Accounts Payable office if the invoice is not correct.
Direct Payments – Use for supplies and services less than $5,000
Contact Sheri Kuberra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 36-5999.
It is always a best business practice to order supplies and services using an official purchase order. The procurement credit card can also be used for ordering supplies. In the few instances that a purchase order or procurement credit card cannot be used, a direct payment can be used.
There are mandatory contracts in place for various items, (e.g. office supplies must be purchased through Shop@UW. Contact the Purchasing Office for further information.
The direct payment method cannot be used for the following purchases: Capital Equipment, Leases, or Rentals. The Purchase Order (PO) process listed above should be used instead.
- Contact vendor to order supplies or services.
- Have invoice sent directly to your department.
- Verify items received against invoice received from vendor. Vendor must bill UW-Eau Claire, not an individual.
- Submit the Direct Pay e-Form, attaching the invoice and supporting documentation.
- NOTE: Provide a separate Direct Pay e-Form for each invoice.
- NOTE: Keep original receipts and supporting documentation for the current fiscal year, plus the past fiscal year.
- NOTE: An e-mail notification will be sent to the initiator and approver when payment is processed.