print header

Teacher Deferment/Cancellation Information

  1. Two forms must be completed each year. A deferment form should be completed on or after the first day of classes. A cancellation form should be completed not more than one month prior to the end of the school year.

  2. Be sure to specify your exact dates of employment. Remember, only a full school year of full-time teaching qualifies for cancellation. Do NOT alter dates. If you make a mistake, have school verify, in writing, the correct dates of your employment.

  3. Be sure to specify the exact name(s) of the school(s) where you are/were employed.

  4. Be sure to specify the exact school district and county where you are/were employed.

  5. Be sure to sign your forms.

  6. Have your forms certified and sealed in Part II by school officials where you are/were employed. Forms without an official stamp, seal, or certified letterhead are not valid and will be returned. Notary seals are unacceptable.

  7. You must have a complete exit interview on file at UW-Eau Claire before any cancellation/deferments will be applied to your account. The information is required by the federal government and includes a signed repayment schedule and completed “required information sheet.” This information should have been given to you at the time of your separation from UW-Eau Claire.

  8. If you have any questions, please contact Chris Bell at 715-836-4817, or Renae Hestekin at 715-836-4324, or write us at:

    UW-Eau Claire Loan Services
    P.O. Box 5050
    Eau Claire, WI 54702-5050