MONEY ranks UW-Eau Claire high for quality, affordability and outcomes
UW-Eau Claire ranks in the top 10 percent of U.S. universities in terms of educational quality, affordability and alumni success, according to MONEY’s 2017 “Best Colleges for Your Money” rankings. Learn more.
UW-Eau Claire news roundup
UW-Eau Claire, Mayo Clinic Health System announce research agreement
Grad uses technology, talent, passion to make positive change
Alumnus named Confluence Arts Center executive director
Blugold on mission to empower women
Business donates drone to support UW-Eau Claire geospatial program
July campus construction update
Want more UW-Eau Claire news?
For more of what's new at UW-Eau Claire, check our Blugold Briefing page anytime: www.uwec.edu/news
- Summer Cinema. Free outdoor activities and movies on the lawn west of the UW-Eau Claire Haas Fine Arts Center, 8 p.m. Wednesdays through July 26. More information.
- Link Walker Golf Outing and Alumni Social. Football alumni social July 21, golf outing July 22 at Mill Run Golf Course, Eau Claire. More information.
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs. July 28, pre-game gathering: 5 p.m.; first pitch: 7:10 p.m. Registration deadline: July 21 — or until sold out. Register online and view more information.
- Chalkfest 2017. July 29, UW-Eau Claire campus mall, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. More information.
- Center Ice Club Golf Outing. Join Blugold men's ice hockey for this annual event. Aug. 19, Wild Ridge Golf Course. More information
- St. Paul Saints Young Alumni Gathering. Join us for an evening of baseball and camaraderie as we watch the St. Paul Saints take on the Winnipeg Goldeneyes, with Chancellor James Schmidt throwing the first pitch! Aug. 31, CHS Field, St. Paul. More information.
- SAVE THE DATE: Golden Blugolds Celebration, Sept. 29, and Homecoming 2017, Sept. 30.
See more Alumni Association events and universitywide events.
Alumni success stories
Read some of the latest stories featuring accomplishments by UW-Eau Claire alumni:
Chris Henry Coffey '89, a UW-Eau Claire communication arts graduate, recently toured eight military bases in South Korea with the "Theater of War" project. Full story.
Dustyn Dubuque '15, who earned a master of arts degree in history from UW-Eau Claire, has written a new book about Newell Burch, a Civil War veteran who eventually settled in Menomonie. Full story.
Scott Hebbring '00, a UW-Eau Claire biochemistry/molecular biology graduate and research scientist at the Marshfield Clinic, recently discussed his research with Waupaca community members. Full story.
Eric Herness '85, a UW-Eau Claire management information systems graduate, recently was named an IBM Fellow, an elite technical distinction that fewer than 200 people have received since 1963. Full story.
Deborah Jansen '69, a UW-Eau Claire biology graduate, has been a wildlife biologist at Big Cypress National Preserve in Florida for the past 30 years. Full story.
Kayla Jones '13, a UW-Eau Claire mass communication graduate, has been named marketing manager for Dealer Teamwork. Full story.
Steven Joyal '81, a UW-Eau Claire music graduate, is the new musical director for the Racine Dairy Statesmen, a men's a capella chorus. Full story.
Jeffrey Kern '09, a UW-Eau Claire information systems graduate, has developed Boss Running, a free iPhone app designed to help make exercise fun and accessible. Full story.
Taylor Kollross '16, a UW-Eau Claire health care administration graduate, is the new administrator for Pioneer Health & Rehab in Prairie Farm. Full story.
Jim Lombardo '91, a UW-Eau Claire business administration graduate, is the head golf pro at Erin Hills, the course where the 2017 U.S. Open Championship was held. Full story.
Tom Lindner '82, a UW-Eau Claire journalism graduate, recently returned from a 200-mile pilgrimage across northern Spain. Full story.
Leah Pronschinske '16, a UW-Eau Claire management graduate, has launched her own food blog and organic baking business, both named The Affogato. Full story.
Show how much you know about UW-Eau Claire — AND win great Blugold prizes! Email your answer to this month's question to the Blugold Trivia mailbox (email@example.com). Those sending correct responses to this month's question will be entered into a drawing for a UW-Eau Claire umbrella. The name of this month's Blugold Trivia winner will be published in the August issue of eView.
July Blugold Trivia question:
In 2017, which organization named UW-Eau Claire the top master's-level undergraduate research institution in the country?
Know the answer? Email it, along with your name and class year, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll be notified by email if you are this month's winner!
Congratulations to Trudy Livesey '73, a UW-Eau Claire medical technology graduate and winner of the June Blugold Trivia prize. Trudy's name was drawn from among those who correctly answered that "Building Excellence: University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 1916-2016" is the title of the centennial history book for which history faculty members Dr. Robert Gough and Dr. James Oberly received the Book of Merit Award from the Wisconsin Historical Society.