The College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Education and Human Sciences and the College of Nursing and Health Sciences each have a topical minor. These interdisciplinary minors, available to any student not in a program leading to education certification, allow students to design their own minor to achieve a particular educational and/or career objective.
For information about the minors, as well as the necessary forms, go to:
- Arts and Sciences, Schofield Hall 220
- Education and Human Sciences, Centennial Hall 3015
- Nursing and Health Sciences, Nursing 127
- Courses must have a coherent theme or purpose. The topical minor is not designed to allow the student to "use up" electives or to graduate faster.
- A topical minor is not intended to duplicate a major or minor program available at UW-Eau Claire.
- Arts and Science topical minors must be approved before a student completes 88 credits.
- Students must meet all the prerequisites for the courses in the topical minor. If, for example, they include an upper division Business course that requires acceptance into the College of Business , they must be admissible to that College.
- A student needs to find an adviser to help with the topical minor. A major adviser can serve as that adviser.