POLICY: A student remains in good academic standing if at the end of the fall or spring semester of enrollment:
- the student has a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above AND
- the student has a semester grade point average of 2.0 or above
NOTE: Academic standing is not changed after summer or winterim.
STAGES OF NEGATIVE ACADEMIC STANDING :
- Academic Warning results the first time a student fails to meet these standards.
Academic Warning may only be issued once during a student's academic career.
- Probation is the second stage. It is issued should a student fail to meet academic standards in any semester subsequent to the issuance of an Academic Warning.
- Suspension occurs if:
- At the end of a semester on probation, the student fails to regain good academic standing OR
- If the student fails to achieve a 1.0 grade point average in any semester of enrollment . (No Academic Warning nor probations is given).
- Academic standing appears on the unofficial transcript by semester. Only the most recent standing appears on the official transcript.
- The first suspension is for one semester. If a student returns and receives a second suspension, it is for one year.