Get one step closer to graduating one semester sooner.
Three-Week Winterim Session: January 5 - 23, 2015
NOTE: Need-Based Financial Aid may be available for Winterim Session. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 715.836.3373 to see if you qualify.
Why Take Classes During Winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester
- Get ahead and stay on track
Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions.
Register NOW for best class selection!
On the Class Search site, click on Self-Service near the top of the page, then Winterim Class Schedule.Here are the details:
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students
- Winterim courses are available online and in person
- Registration begins on October 6, 2014 and ends January 5, 2015
- Earn up to three credits in January (courses are three weeks; you can take the equivalent of one credit per week
Take Your Winterim Classes OnlineDon't want to venture out into the cold? Nearly half of the Winterim classes are available online. You don't even have to get dressed. True story.
How to Apply
CURRENT UW-EAU CLAIRE STUDENTS
Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS. ($100 deposit is required prior to registering)
STUDENTS ENROLLED AT OTHER UNIVERSITIES OR NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special student at Admissions.
Tuition + Fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis.
For more information, the Business Office has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Tuition/Fee Schedule: Fall 2014/Winterim 2015/Spring 2015 for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Master of Business tuition.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
$100 deposit is required prior to registering. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on the first day of class to avoid an Administrative Service Fee of $30.
To receive Winterim aid you must schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor, 715-836-3373, or stop into the Financial Aid Office (Schofield Hall, Room 115) after you have registered for the Winterim class.
NOTE: Need-based financial aid may be available for Winterim Session. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 715-836-3373 to see if you qualify.
A Sampling of Winterim Classes Offered:
- ACCT 202 - Principles of Accounting II
- BCOM 206 - Business Writing
- CJ 202 - Fundamentals of Speech
- CJ 307 - Small Group Communication
- ENGL 268 - Survey of American Ethnic Literature
- ENGL 272 Perspectives in Popular Texts
- FIN 320 - Principles of Finance
- GEOL 122 - The Future of Global Energy
- KINS 117 - Weight Training
- MGMT 341 - Operations Management
- NRSG 211 - Wellness: Food for Fitness
- NRSG 220 - The Language of Health Care