University Academic Staff Special Meeting
October 20, 2005
The special meeting of the University Academic Staff was called to order by Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor Steven Tallant at 12:04 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2005 in Davies Theatre.
1. Report of the University Academic Staff Nominating Committee – John Bachmeier, Chair
· On behalf of Nominating Committee, following names placed in nomination for Search and Screen Committee for position of Assistant Vice Chancellor for Research and Sponsored Programs
Paul Butrymowicz –
· Stephanie Jamelske – Academic Affairs
· Rebecca Matter – Advising and New Student Initiatives
· Donald Zeutschel – Research and Sponsored Programs
· Without objection, nominations closed.
2. Miscellaneous Business
· Connie Russell, Records and Registration, announced she is on Board of ASPRO (Academic Staff Public Representation Organization), which lobbies on behalf of academic staff in UW-System
· Contact her for information or membership forms
· Counseling Services available to help students and others deal with recent death of music student, or with other unresolved grief
· Call for appointment
· Counselors also willing to give short presentations on how to recognize others needing help and how to help
· Provost to inform deans of services available
· New employee shocked at salary levels at university
· Salary now $20,000 less than made in public school system
· Provost acknowledged salaries are an ongoing problem at university – will discuss again with chancellor
Without objection, meeting adjourned at 12:11 p.m.
Wanda Schulner, Secretary to the Faculty and Academic Staff