What is Student WEA?
Student WEA is a pre-professional Education organization that serves those in teacher education programs across Wisconsin. StWEA offers professional development, volunteer, and community service opportunities as well as a chance to network with other future educators around the state.
By joining StWEA, you become a member of...
In an unofficial capacity, you may attend meetings and participate in most events, and contribute much like our official members. In this way; however, you will miss out on our biggest events, you will be ineligible for prizes, and you will not receive a certificate of membership at the end. This also means that you will not receive the insurance and financial benefits listed below.
Steps to Officially Join Student WEA:
- Register and pay dues. Cost of dues decrease when more years are purchased at one time.
$31 For one year
$54 For two years
$73 For three years
$89 For four years
- Create an OrgSync account and request to be added (you will not be denied) to UW-Eau Claire's Student WEA chapter.
- Check out the event calendar for upcoming meetings and watch your inbox for updates! We're glad to have new members aboard, and we hope you can learn as much and have as much fun as we've been having over the years.
- Free liability insurance coverage worth $1,000,000 to protect you when you are working with school children.
- Free admission to the State Teaching Convention held annually in October.
- Dues rebate: in your first year of teaching, you will receive $20 off your first year NEA (National Education Association) dues for each year you were a member of Student WEA (up to 4 years).
- Free professional publications to keep you current on educational news and trends, as well as other low-cost resources available from the NEA library.
- Valuable opportunities to meet and share ideas with students, teachers, and other members.
- Employment information, graduate placement service, salary information, job relocation assistance, and orientation.
- Opportunities to develop your personal leadership skills.
- Substantial savings on insurance, credit cards, books, magazines, etc. This includes a 10% discount on purchases at Barnes and Noble bookstores.