| "An equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan.
Eau Claire City County Health Department
Environmental Health Supervisor
Responsibilities include participation in the planning, organization, implementation, and evaluation of environmental health and laboratory program services. Services include the application and enforcement of federal, state and local laws relating to the field of environmental health as well as providing environmental and public health laboratory testing services. Additionally, activities are conducted in the community designed to cultivate confidence in and a better understanding of the principles of environmental health, sanitation and of public health in general. The Environmental Supervisor will be part of the Health Departmentís leadership team responsible for moving the agency mission forward.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the planning, implementation, review, and evaluation of environmental health and laboratory policies, procedures, and program services, including quality management committees.
2. Participates in the planning, administration, and evaluation of the various components of the environmental health and public health laboratory programs in compliance with DHS 140.06(1), (c), (d), (e) and (f).
3. Participates in the planning, application, and administration of state and federal grants that are environmental health and/or laboratory-related.
4. Provides for basic supervision of environmental health and laboratory staff, including program area coverage, schedules, and recommendations regarding staff performance and evaluation.
5. Implementation and immediate oversight of orientation for new environmental health and laboratory personnel.
6. Supervises and coordinates environmental health and laboratory staff training, professional development and continuing education as needed or required.
7. Maintains effective working relations with local government officials, other governmental agencies, fellow employees, industry, business and the general public.
8. Participates in emergency preparedness trainings and activities for responding to environmental health emergencies in conjunction with local emergency response teams and appropriate state agencies.
Training and Experience:
1. Graduate from an accredited college or university with a bachelorís degree in environmental/public health, microbiology, biology or other related field. Curriculum including both classroom and laboratory studies in microbiology and chemistry.
2. Current registration, or eligible for reciprocity as an environmental health specialist/registered sanitarian under Wisconsin Administrative Rule Ch. SPS 174.
3. Two years of practical experience as an environmental health professional (internships may qualify). Supervisory or administrative experience preferred.
An equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan.
Competitive salary based upon relevant experience for this position.
Submit Resume and Cover letter to the Eau Claire City-County Health Department, ATTN: Elizabeth Giese, Director/Health Officer, 720 2nd Avenue, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703. (715) 839-4718. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled."