| "Safety Director
Minnesota Sex Offender Program
Choose from several locations to work from!
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to serve as the Safety Director for two large secure treatment facilities. This rare opportunity provides the challenge of ensuring a safe and secure environment for both employees and the clients we serve. Working with the latest technology and programs in the field, you will ensure our 24/7 facilities promote a culture of change without the worry of safety for both staff and clients. This position goes beyond keeping people free from injury and sickness, but provides the opportunity to allow people to make positive life changes! Don’t miss this opportunity to grow your career and know that the work you do makes a difference in the lives of others!
In this role you will:
• Oversee two safety committees with a broad range of staff at two secure treatment facilities.
• Develop programs to promote employee and client health and safety and ensure workers’ compensation costs are contained.
• Serve as a leader responsible for the provisions of complex on-site safety and health direction and provide specialized expertise as required.
• Develop, implement, and manage programs to monitor and audit the effectiveness of accident, injury, and illness prevention programs to minimize injuries, illnesses, hazardous conditions, and environmental concerns.
• Ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
This is a full-time day shift position that has the opportunity to be located at either of our treatment facilities (St. Peter and Moose Lake) or at our central office in St. Paul. Travel will be required to all 3 locations on a regular basis. Most travel will be day trips with occasional overnight stays.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
A Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health or highly related field and at least three years of professional relevant experience within a large organization which demonstrates:
• Thorough knowledge of federal and state occupational safety and health rules and regulations, cumulative trauma injury prevention, ergonomics, techniques of injury prevention and hazard evaluation;
• A basic understanding of industrial hygiene;
• Leadership skills sufficient to effectively facilitate meetings and bring groups and committees to productive and solutions-focused conclusions;
• Demonstrated ability to identify occupational safety and health problems and to develop, support and implement solutions.
• Master’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or highly related field.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist or Certified Safety Professional.
• Experience in a 24/7 environment and/or a secure facility.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
• Earn up to 29 days’ vacation
• Earn up to 13 days’ paid sick time
• 11 paid holidays
• Life insurance (optional family)
• Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
• Ongoing educational opportunities
• Short-term disability
• Long-term disability
• Health care savings plan
• Pension and retirement savings plan
• Pre-tax benefits
• Credit union membership available
• Optional retirement savings plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified candidates MUST apply through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the state’s official hiring site. Below are detailed instructions on how to submit your resume and application. If you have additional questions, you can contact Trace Kinley at 651-431-3674 or email@example.com. Please be sure to apply at your earliest convenience before the position closes at MIDNIGHT on MONDAY, JANUARY 7th, 2013.
Submit your resume:
1. Visit www.careers.state.mn.us
2. Select “My State Job Search” (upper right hand corner)
3. Select “Create a My State Job Search Account”
4. Complete the instructions under New Account
5. Once your account has been established, select “Resume Builder”
6. Build a resume or paste a text copy of your existing resume
7. Use the “Job-Specific Questions” space for your cover letter (optional)
8. Complete required sections of “Supplemental Information”
9. You MUST click “Submit Your Resume” at the bottom of the page!
Apply for the opening after you have created your account and submitted your resume:
10. Select “Apply for Jobs”
11. Select “Apply for Positions”
12. Enter this posting number: 12DHS002039
13. Select “Continue” and verify the position is correct
14. Select “Apply”
• Save your user ID and password for future use.
• Ensure your resume clearly describes your experience related to the qualifications for this position, along with the beginning and ending months and years of each position you have held.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer"