| EAU CLAIRE CITY COUNT HEALTH DEPARTMENT
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AIDE
Under supervision, collects food and water samples for laboratory testing, conducts environmental
surveys, and assists in the enforcement of public health laws and regulations in the field of environmental
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collects samples and records data on air, food, milk, drinking water, wastewater, swimming pools, and
2. Conducts investigations of public health nuisances such as garbage and trash accumulation problems in
3. Following investigation of garbage and trash complaints, determines extent of compliance with
established laws and regulations.
4. Conducts exterior housing condition surveys in selected neighborhoods.
5. Performs limited chemical tests on water and air in the field.
6. Maintains records, data entry and make reports.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of basic principles and practices of environmental health and microbiology.
2. Ability to secure facts through investigation.
3. Ability to write accurate reports.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public health officials, fellow
employees, professional and lay groups, and the general public.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school graduate or GED equivalent.
2. Two years of academic training in an accredited college or university majoring in environmental health
or related science (B.S. Degree in process).
1. Environmental Health Aide Student Intern position available immediately.
2. Apply to our office (see below) by November 2, 2012.
3. An equal opportunity employer functioning under an affirmative action plan.
Submit applications to: Eau Claire City-County Health Department
Attn: Ken Jain, Environmental Health Supervisor
720 2nd Ave – Eau Claire, WI 54703
Application: http://people.uwec.edu/piercech/EC Employment Application.pdf
Check with Dr. Gabel about whether this would be a suitable internship for the ENPH requirement.