News Bureau • Schofield Hall 201 • Eau Claire, WI 54702
phone: (715) 836-4741
fax: (715) 836-2900
Counseling Services to Offer Five Groups for Fall Semester
MAILED: Sept. 26, 2002
EAU CLAIRE — The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Counseling Services is offering the following groups for the fall semester.
- Assertiveness Skills Group: 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 8-Nov. 12. This is a multi-session group that provides training in assertive social skills. The group will focus on how participants can learn to express themselves and feel good about doing so, without hurting others in the process. Pete Chellman and Lisa Voigt will facilitate the group.
- First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as-needed basis and meet the requirements of the Eau Claire Courts “First Time Offender” program. Call or stop by Counseling Services for more information.
- GLBT Personal Growth Group: This group is designed for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students. The group allows students to explore and discuss — in a safe and supportive environment — coming out; relationships with partners, friends and family; and just being a college student. For information, or to sign up for a pre-registration appointment, contact Carol Schumacher, group facilitator, at 836-5521.
- Men’s Personal Growth Group (for students only): 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, throughout the semester, starting Oct. 9. This group is designed to provide meaningful exploration of personal and interpersonal issues, within the context of an all male student group. Pete Chellman and Ryan Voigt are the group facilitators.
- Time Management Group: 3-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 8-29. This is a group in which to learn and establish specific time management skills. P.J. Kennedy is the group facilitator.
Groups are open to all UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff. Stop by the Counseling Services office, 2122 Old Library, or call (715) 836-5521 to set up a 30-minute pre-registration appointment.
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: February 4, 2003