News Bureau • Schofield Hall 201 • Eau Claire, WI 54702
phone: (715) 836-4741
fax: (715) 836-2900
For the Week of Monday, April 29
MAILED: April 26, 2002
EAU CLAIRE — The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, April 29. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, APRIL 29:
- Sophomores Chris Raddatz and Nick Munagian, both of Wisconsin Rapids, will perform a recital on the clarinet and viola respectively. Junior Phil Dorn, Clintonville, and Yukiko Fujimura, a freshman from Japan, will provide assistance on the piano. Various works will be performed, including "Sonata for Bass Clarinet Solo" by Harald Genzmer and "Acht Stucke," Op. 83 by Max Bruch.
TUESDAY, APRIL 30:
- Jazz IV and V will perform a concert at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. The ensembles will perform various works by jazz greats such as Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Paparelli and George Gershwin.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 1:
- Senior Jack Forbes, Wauwatosa, will present a composition recital at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Forbes will perform percussion and various UW-Eau Claire students will assist in performing his seven compositions, including "Six Short Bagatelles for Solo Piano" and "Urban Canyon for Tenor Saxophone and Electronica." Forbes wrote two of the seven compositions with senior Adrian Suarez, Oconomowoc.
- Senior Tom Anderson, Aitkin, Minn., will present a composition recital at 7:30 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Various works will be performed, including excerpts from "Two for David" and "Five Songs." Various UW-Eau Claire students will provide assistance throughout the performance.
- BASSically BRASS, conducted by Jerry Young, professor of music and theatre arts, and the University Trombone Choir, conducted by Rodney Hudson, associate professor of music and theatre arts, will perform a joint concert at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. BASSically BRASS will perform five works followed by six works by the Trombone Choir.
THURSDAY, MAY 2:
- Seniors Graydon Peterson, Cedar, Minn., will present a compostion recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Peterson will perform on bass and various other UW-Eau Claire students will perform throughout the five-piece recital.
SUNDAY, MAY 5:
- Freshman Joshua Patrick Gallagher, Eau Claire, will perform a piano recital at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Various works will be performed, including "Caprice Espagnol," Op. 37 by Maurice Moszkowski and "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin.
- Senior pianist Andrew French, Plymouth, Minn., will perform a recital at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Various works by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Claude Debussy and George Gershwin will be performed.
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: April 26, 2002