MAILED: Sept. 4, 2001
EAU CLAIRE — The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire welcomed a
number of new faculty and staff members over the past year and is welcoming
another group of newcomers for the 2001-02 academic year.
- The Office of Academic Affairs named Dr. Jason Tetzloff as the
new interim director of orientation and first year experience.
- Eileen Oswald is a new adviser in Academic and Career Services.
- Academic Testing and Advising welcomed two new advisers: Rebecca
Matter and Jean Patt.
- University Admissions welcomed Robert Lopez as executive
director of enrollment services and director of Admissions; Heather Pearson
and Ka Vang are new admissions counselors.
- Continuing Education welcomed Dr. Robert Whitcomb as its new
director and Diane Brandt and Kimberly Nimsgern as outreach specialists.
- Counseling Services welcomed two graduate interns: Elizabeth
Hayen and Mark Kossman.
- Kimera Way is the
new executive director of development for Development and Alumni Relations;
John Bachmeier is the director of Alumni Relations.
- Betty Hanson is the new director of the Educational Opportunity
- Joining the Housing and Residence Life staff as residence hall
directors are Paul Krikau and Marni Valerio.
- Library Services welcomed assistant professor Heather Muir.
College of Arts and Sciences
- The art department welcomed Sangram Majumdar, assistant
professor, and Kevin McManamy, lecturer.
- Two new assistant professors joined the biology department: Dr.
Julie Anderson and Dr. Kristina Beuning.
- The chemistry department welcomed Dr. Elisabetta Fasella,
assistant professor; Dr. William Haag, senior lecturer; and Denis Setwyn,
- Communication and journalism welcomed assistant professor James
Napier and two new academic staff members with the title of Knight
journalist-in-residence: Barbara Blackdeer-MacKenzie and Lynette Nyman.
- Maria Schutte is a new lecturer in the economics department.
- The English department welcomed seven new lecturers: Kenneth
Ecklund, associate lecturer; Dr. Audrey Fessler, lecturer; Dr. Robert Greene,
senior lecturer; Barbara Kernan, lecturer-women’s studies; Annette LaLonde,
lecturer; Julie Peterson, lecturer; and Kelly Wonder, associate lecturer.
- Dr. Kate Reynolds joined the department of foreign languages as an
assistant professor. Kathleen Welsh is a new lecturer in the department, and
Raymond Kondrasuk, an associate lecturer. Huasheng Chen is a consultant visiting
from Jinan University in China, and Etsuko Yoshimura is a graduate intern
visiting from Japan.
- Timothy Bawden is a new lecturer in the geography department.
- The history department welcomed associate professor Dr. Patricia
- Dr. Allan Moose, senior lecturer, and Betty Harms, lecturer,
joined the mathematics department.
- Music and theatre arts welcomed three new assistant professors:
Dr. Gary Don, Dr. Alan Rieck, and Jody Sekas. Elizabeth Hellman joined the
department as an associate lecturer.
- Dr. Charlene Burns, assistant professor, joined the department of
philosophy and religious studies.
- New psychology department faculty members include assistant
professors Dr. Kevin Klatt and Dr. Catya von Karolyi.
- New members of the sociology and anthropology department include
assistant professors Dr. Heath Dingwell and Dr. Jianjun Ji.
College of Business
- Raymond Hughes joined the accounting and finance department as a
College of Professional Studies
- Dr. Mark Clark joined the University as dean of the College of
Professional Studies and professor of foundations of education.
- The School of Education welcomed associate lecturer Anthony
Jennison to the special education department.
- The School of Human Sciences and Services welcomed new members to
several departments. Assistant professor Barbara McCarthy joined allied health
professions, assistant professor Timothy Steele and associate lecturer Shannon
Collins joined communication disorders, and three news lecturers — Robin
Baker, Leslie Huntington and Lloyd Spotted Wolf — joined the department of
kinesiology and athletics. Wan-Ki Lim is a consultant visiting the department of
kinesiology and athletics from Hoseo University in South Korea. Jeffrey Trochil
is the new strength and conditioning coordinator, assistant football coach and
assistant men’s and women’s track and field coach in the department of
athletics. Keith Murchow is assistant sports information director and assistant
strength and conditioning coordinator. Dr. Lavonne Cornell-Swanson joined the
department of social work as an assistant professor.
- The School of Nursing welcomed several new clinical instructors in
various departments. Josephine Arriola joined nursing systems; Jane Bielecki and
Barbara Davis joined family health nursing; and Lori Waltonen joined adult
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Sept. 4, 2001