MAILED: April 19, 2001
EAU CLAIRE The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, April 23. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, April 23:
TUESDAY, April 24:
- There will be a concert of classical Indian music at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Tejendra Narayan Majumdar will play the sarod, a hand-carved string instrument, and Subhankar Banerjee will play the tabla, or Indian drums.
WEDNESDAY, April 25:
- Soprano Lisa Butcher, a senior from Woodbury, Minn., will give a recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. She will perform eight pieces, including "Schlagende Herzen" by Richard Strauss and "Durch Zartlichkeit und Schmeicheln" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
THURSDAY, April 26:
- Senior Eugene Power, Apple Valley, Minn., will give a recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. He will perform four pieces, including Johannes Brahms' "Sonata in F minor, Op. 120 No. 1 and Gabriel Fauré's "Sicilienne," Op. 78.
FRIDAY, April 27:
- Professor of music and theatre arts Ivar Lunde Jr., oboe, senior lecturer of music and theatre arts Dr. Kristine Fletcher, bassoon, accompanied by performing arts and special events coordinator Dr. Beverly Soll, piano, will hold a recital at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Their four-piece program will include "Suite of Six French Songs of the 15th Century" by Willard S. Elliot and "Concertino in A minor" by Ludwig Milde.
SUNDAY, April 29:
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia-Gamma Beta, a music fraternity for men, and Sigma Alpha Iota-Epsilon Omicron, an international music fraternity for women, will perform at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Various works will be performed, including "The World Feels Dusty" music by Aaron Copland and words by Emily Dickinson and "Effie Suite" by Alec Wilder.
- Lecturer of music and theatre arts Nancy Mc Millan and professor of music and theatre arts Dr. Richard Fletcher will perform a saxophone recital at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: April 19, 2001