MAILED: March 2, 2001
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's Academic and Career Services will sponsor a series of 12 discussions to help undecided students select their majors and minors.
The series, titled Making a Major Decision, begins March 8 and features faculty, alumni and student representatives from particular academic departments.
Each discussion includes information on course content, major and minor requirements, career opportunities and experiences, and the relationship between curricular offerings and occupational realities.
The series primarily is intended for students who are unsure about which major to pursue, but all students are welcome to attend. Members of the faculty and academic staff are encouraged to inform their classes of the sessions.
To improve their knowledge of curricular and career options, faculty and academic staff also are invited to attend the sessions.
All sessions will be held from 4 to 5:30 p.m. in Davies Center unless otherwise noted:
- Kinesiology, Thursday, March 8, Arrowhead Room.
- Special education, Tuesday, March 13, Arrowhead Room.
- Pre-pharmacy, Wednesday, March 14, Arrowhead Room.
- Biology, Wednesday, March 28, Arrowhead Room.
- Political science, Thursday, March 29, Arrowhead Room.
- Marketing, Wednesday, April 4, Arrowhead Room.
- Geology, Thursday, April 5, Alumni Room.
- Latin American studies, Tuesday, April 10, Eagle Room.
- Teaching of English to speakers of other languages, Thursday, April 19, Old Library 1132 (Distance Learning Classroom).
- International business emphasis, Tuesday, April 24, Old Library 1132.
- Pre-medicine, Wednesday, April 25, Arrowhead Room.
For more information, contact Mark Olsen, Academic and Career Services, at (715) 836-3487.
- Geography, Thursday, April 26, Arrowhead Room.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: March 4, 2001