MAILED: Feb. 27, 2001
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claires Delta Psi chapter of Sigma Delta Pi, the national Hispanic honor society, has announced its plans for Spanish Week, March 5-9.
Unless otherwise noted, all events are free, open to the public and in Davies Center on the UW-Eau Claire campus.
- Monday, March 5: Sigma Delta Pi will initiate its new members in a private ceremony at 7 p.m. in the Hibbard Hall Penthouse.
- Tuesday, March 6: Stephanie Zighelboim, a UW-Eau Claire graduate student, will present Jews in Medieval Spain at 4 p.m. in the Oneida Room.
- Also on Tuesday: A panel discussion on the recent Mexican elections will be held at 8 p.m. in the Oneida Room.
- Wednesday, March 7: A sale of Hispanic crafts and books will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the third floor of Hibbard Hall.
- Also on Wednesday: Diego Ferrao and Angel Gustavo Diaz, international students, will give a presentation on the region of Asturias, Spain, at 4 p.m. in the Oneida Room.
For more information on Spanish Week, contact Dr. Paul Hoff, associate professor of foreign languages, at (715) 836-4287.
- Thursday, March 8: The 30th annual Spanish dinner, Tapas, Musica, Teatro y Postre (appetizers, music, theater and dessert), will begin at 6 p.m. in the Dulany Inn. Tickets, available at the University Service Center, (715) 836-3727, are $7 for the general public and $5 for students.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Feb. 28, 2001