MAILED: Jan. 25, 2001
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Counseling Services is offering the following groups for the spring semester:
- Weight Management: 12:05-12:55 p.m. Wednesdays, Jan.31-May 9. This group is intended for those who want to lose, gain or maintain their weight. Group sessions will involve speakers and small group discussion. Group size is limited to nine people. Contact Dr. P.J. Kennedy and Robin Abraham, group facilitators, if interested.
- Dates and Soul Mates: 7-8:15 p.m. Wednesdays, Feb. 7-May 9. This is a group for all male and female UW-Eau Claire students. The group will explore such relationship questions as the following: Are you the one for me? How do I ask someone out? How can I let go of my relationship? Robin Abraham and Pete Chellman will facilitate the group.
- Assertion Training: 3-4:15 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 8-March 29. This group will focus on developing assertive coping skills to increase interpersonal effectiveness. Pete Chellman is the group facilitator.
- Co-Ed Self-Esteem and Personal Growth Group: 3:30-5 p.m. Thursdays, Feb.8-May 10. This group will allow students to explore and discuss in a safe environment self-esteem, adjustment to college, and relationships. Dr. Judy Blackstone and Todd Sigler are the group facilitators.
- Personal Growth Group #1: 3:05-3:55 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 20-May 8. Group #2: 11:05-11:55 a.m. Thursdays, Feb.22-May 10. These groups are limited to eight members and will focus on whatever issues are important to the group. Dr. P.J. Kennedy is the group facilitator.
- The Seven Habits Group: 3-4:30 p.m. Thursdays, March 1-April 19. This group will focus on reviewing, discussing and applying the principles of personal effectiveness in Steven R. Coveys text, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. The group is limited to eight people. Dr. P.J. Kennedy is the group facilitator.
- GLBT Personal Growth Group: Times and dates to be announced. This group is designed for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered students. The group allows the students to explore and discuss in a safe and supportive environment coming out, relationships with partners and friends, and just being a college student. Those interested should contact Todd Sigler, group facilitator.
All groups are open to all UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff. Stop by the Counseling Services office, 2122 Old Library, or call (715) 836-5521 to set up a 30-minute preregistration appointment.
- First Offenders Alcohol Education Groups: These groups are offered on an as-needed basis. Call or stop by Counseling Services for more information.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Jan. 25, 2001