MAILED: Nov. 1, 2000
EAU CLAIRE The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire music and theatre arts department will present the following musical performances the week beginning Monday, Nov. 13. All events are free and open to the public.
MONDAY, Nov. 13:
TUESDAY, Nov. 14:
- Senior Chris Woller, Merrill, and junior Keith Hilson, Eau Claire, will give a joint student recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Woller will play the trumpet and Hilson will play the trombone. Students who will assist throughout the program are seniors Jesse Stacken, Hopkins, Minn., Sean Hanson, Duluth, Minn., Valerie Barton, Stoughton, Paul Rosen, Eden Prairie, Minn., Jeffrey Dahlseng, Lowry, Minn. and Dave Strong, Burnsville, Minn.; junior Adrian Suarez, Oconomowoc; and sophomore Graydon Peterson, Cedar, Minn. Community member Judy Lies will assist on the piano.
WEDNESDAY, Nov. 15:
- Seniors Heidi Hilgenberg, Shawano, and Steven C. Skov, Fargo, N.D., will give a joint student recital at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Hilgenberg will play two selections on the violin and Skov will play three selections on the tuba. Leland Kerny, community member, will assist on the piano. Seniors Matt Hall, Elkhart, Ind., and Jeff Dahlseng, Lowry, Minn., and sophomore Joe Hartson, Oconomowoc, will assist on trombones.
THURSDAY, Nov. 16:
- Sarah M. Minette, a junior from Whitewater, will play the alto saxophone and Stacy J. Kern, a sophomore from North St. Paul, Minn., will play the bass clarinet for a joint student recital at 5 p.m. in Phillips Recital Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Among the selections to be played are Diversion by Bernhard Heiden, Rapsodie by Claude Debussy, and Just 4 Miles by Miles Davis and Wayne Shorter. Senior April Brodzeller, Slinger, and Dr. Beverly Soll, performing arts and special events coordinator, will provide accompaniment on the piano.
- Senior David Kile, Eau Claire, will give a recital on vibes and marimba at 5 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Kile will begin the program with Organizational Blues, which he wrote. He will perform seven additional selections, including Flight of the Bumble Bee from Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakovs opera The Tale of Tsar Saltan. The following people will assist at various times throughout the recital: seniors Jesse Stacken, Hopkins, Minn., piano, and Eric Solberg, Minot, N.D., bass; junior Adrian Suarez, Oconomowoc, drum set; sophomore Dan Marrs, Andover, Minn., marimba; and community member Judy Lies, piano.
- Under the direction of Dr. Robert Knight, associate professor of music and theatre arts, the universitys Opera Workshop Ensemble will give a scene recital at 7:30 p.m. in Gantner Concert Hall of the Haas Fine Arts Center. Scenes from the following operas will be performed: Falstaff, Cosi fan tutte, Roman Fever, Carmen and Der Freischutz. Students participating in the ensemble are Annelies Slack, a graduate student from Park Falls; senior Lisa Butcher, Woodbury, Minn.; juniors Jessica Timman, Plymouth, Minn., Amber Little, Burnsville, Minn., and Lisa Wilhelm, Boscobel; sophomore Jacqueline Cobian, River Falls; and 2000 UW-Eau Claire graduate Koral Rose Curkeet, Manitowoc.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Nov. 1, 2000