MAILED: Oct. 18, 2000
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's Academic and Career Services will sponsor a series of 10 discussions to help undecided students select their majors and minors.
The series, titled "Making a Major Decision," begins Nov. 1 and features faculty, alumni and upperclass student representatives from particular academic departments.
Each discussion includes information on course content, major and minor requirements, career opportunities and experiences, and the relationship between curricular offerings and occupational realities.
The series primarily is intended for students who are unsure about which major to pursue, but all students are welcome to attend. Members of the faculty and academic staff are encouraged to inform their classes of the sessions.
To improve their knowledge of curricular and career options, faculty and academic staff also are invited to attend the sessions.
All sessions will be held from 4 to 5:30 p.m. in Davies Center unless otherwise noted:
- Psychology, Wednesday, Nov. 1, Alumni Room.
- Environmental and public health, Thursday, Nov. 2, Arrowhead Room.
- Accounting, Tuesday, Nov. 7, Potawatomi Room.
- Pre-dentistry, Wednesday, Nov. 8, Arrowhead Room.
- Management information systems, Tuesday, Nov. 14, Old Library 1132 (Distance Learning Classroom).
- Pre-law, Thursday, Nov. 16, Arrowhead Room.
- Biology, Tuesday, Nov. 21, Old Library 1132.
- Journalism: broadcast journalism emphasis and communication: electronic media emphasis, Wednesday, Nov. 29, Old Library 1132.
The Nov. 14, 15, 21 and 29 sessions will be televised live to interested Wisconsin high schools. The sessions also will be televised to UW-Eau Claire's residence hall rooms and common areas via Residence Hall Cable Channel 12.
- Management, Thursday, Nov. 30, Alumni Room.
For more information, contact Mark Olsen, Academic and Career Services, at (715) 836-3487.
Janice B. Wisner
UW-Eau Claire News Bureau
Updated: Oct. 18, 2000